PDA

View Full Version : Anticipation

iceskater
04-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks to all in this group I have had great success keeping 2 LFS discus with no problems for the last 6 weeks. I took the plunge and ordered 4 more from Cary. They come tomorrow. I can barely stand the wait. :bounce:

Here's betting I will get very little sleep tonight or for next several nights I would imagine.

Carol_Roberts
04-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Hmmm, 6 weeks ago you bought two discus, now you're buying 4 discus . . . . Does this sound familiar? I predict in another couple of months you'll need 6 more discus ;)
Lol my next fix is due on Tuesday.

jeep
04-25-2003, 05:43 PM
Don't forget the additional tanks for the other new discus next year :)

I got lucky today. The city is having a free "empty your basement" trash pick-up tomorrow and I found a nice 29 gallon tank sitting by the side of the road. SCORE!!!

Now I need more discus ;)

iceskater
04-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Well it is 7:30am. I am up the tank is ready and I am waiting for federal express. It is like Christmas. I actually slept better then I figured I would. Took 3 tylenol pm.

afick1975
04-26-2003, 02:25 PM
I see you are now a discus head. I have a total of 20 tanks in my house and another 100 plus in my hatchery. I have always been a Africian Cichlid guy but I started with discus last June. Right now I have a total of twenty which I got some from Joe last week and I am ready to order some more next month. Heck I ordered more two days after I got the new ones in last week ( which I am still waiting for them) and I still want more. The only thing I think about is buying more discus. You know when you have it bad when you get your pillow and sleep next to your new fish just to watch them. I must agree discus are king of the aquarium.

Andre

iceskater
04-26-2003, 02:28 PM
They are here. They look great. So far they are in the bags floating in the tank. Cary added an extra one. I am so excited. Well off to check them out.

Tristanyyz
04-26-2003, 05:18 PM
I would get tons and tons of Discus, I would stack those suckers 6 feet high...however its not easy to find a good looking healthy discus! Most of the time I look at the ones offered in the local aquarium stores and i wonder to myself if i should liberate them, and nurse them back to health!!!

I hope to get some connections in Toronto, of amatuer discus breeders as I have 6 healthy, and thriving little beasties...and I want 12 more!!!!...lol But my ANTICIPATION, is waiting for more exotic ones, more rare, and of course beautiful, and healthy...

iceskater
04-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Update on the kids. They are doing great. Swimming in the tank. I now know why they say to keep them in groups. The 5 new ones are always together. My other tank with the 2 tend to say away from each other. Unless the bigger one wants to chase the littler one. It is not bad, and the littler one does not seem to mind. In fact it is pretty funny at feeding time because he chases the littler one into the food instead of away from it.

Back to the new ones. I got a Red Melon (love the colors on this one). Rose Red, showing great color and lines. Blue Diamond, Blue Diamond x blue snake. Funny to compare these 2 with the Blue Diamond I already have.. Did the realize how big the one I had was. And Cary added a golden pidgeon blood.

I have no immediate plans to get more, I really want to grow these out to full adult size. I like them big. But when I do, I will definately do business with Cary again.

Off to watch the babies.

04-27-2003, 02:35 PM
Congrats on your new arrivals. It is great to hear people getting into the hobby and starting out with great stock from someonle like Cary. You just cant go wrong with him.
Best of luck, not that you will need it. Matt
PS:, Where are the pics? ;D

April
04-27-2003, 04:11 PM
congrats on your new fish ice skater. i agree cant go wrong with new fish from Cary!!
keep up updated and enjoy. 8) ;D

Smokey
04-30-2003, 03:34 AM
THE OBSESSION HAS BEGUN !!!

shorthair
04-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Glad to hear Cary treated you well with your new arrivals :) and I know all about that obsession you talk about Smokey ;D iceskater do you have any pics of the new kids yet? I would love to see them.

iceskater
04-30-2003, 09:46 PM
I have a real cheap digital camera and it does not capture the true beauty of my babies. I am working on getting a better digital camera.

GWdiscus
04-30-2003, 10:17 PM
I know what you're going through, I started off with 4 small discus. Got three more two weeks later and just last weekend got another 2.

(yes, I understand, I should quarantine them, but they all have come from the same breeder just two miles away, he has a whole basement of tanks. I know I am taking a chance but he has never had a problem with any of his fish for over the twelve years I've known him.)

I am now planning on going two doors down and asking the neighbor if I can have his 55 gallon he doesn't use in order to get more discus!! I put away money every pay check in order to set up the next tank and dream about the next group of discus! Am I nuts or what????

Carol_Roberts
04-30-2003, 10:50 PM
That sounds pretty normal to me, but then I think it's perfectly normal to have a 55 gallon tank in my bathroom ;)

snowfire
05-02-2003, 08:02 AM
Oh, that's a great idea. I never tought of putting a fish tank in my bathroom. I can squeeze one in there. Yeah! Off to buy a new tank. Thanks Carol.

henryD
05-02-2003, 11:44 AM
See what you did carol? ;)

Actually if you decided not to take a shower or a bath you can use your bath tub as a fish tank. Just make sure you scrub it down. Water changes will be easy. Just flip the switch. If you do your water changes directly from the tap then it is even simplier.

Don't laugh I was thinking about that for awhile. The only reason I did not do it is because I am using the same tub to hold my water barrels.

Carol_Roberts
05-02-2003, 04:42 PM
;D ;D ;D

Smokey
05-05-2003, 02:58 AM
O.K. iceskater - how are the discus doing.

Come on , now.

Carol_Roberts
05-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Don't be shy, tell everybody how good your fish are doing.

Oh, and do the smaller fluval filter sleeves have a smaller inside hole? Small enough to fit an Aquaclear 200 snugly as a prefilter? (she may have found some really good prefilter sponges too) ;D

iceskater
05-05-2003, 08:14 AM
Hi Smokey

They are doing great. Very active and eating everything. I really think I can do this. Of course, Carol's IM is always full with my panick email, they are chasing each other what do I do? And she can tell you how obsessed I am with feces. ;D

And yes it does look like I found her prefilter sponges.

Larem