PDA

View Full Version : they don’t like brine shrimp

aziyaeian
04-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi
My fishes don’t like to eat brine shrimp.most of them are adult and I think the size of shrimps is too small for them. I tried to grow up them but it was unsuccessful.
What is your suggestion?
Thanks
Afshin

Darren
04-25-2003, 03:24 PM
Try Beefheart, bloodworms, flake food or Tetra Bits. And if you can get some California Black worms they shouldn't refuse them!

Dennis_Hardenburge
04-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Afshin
If you are hatching out brine shrimp, yes they are to small except for young fry.
Here in the USA a lot of people include frozen adult brine shrimp in thier diet, it is available here prepakage in most local fish stores.
Dennis

Carol_Roberts
04-25-2003, 05:01 PM
Small earth worms are good for discus. You can grow your own in a compost pile (earth, leaves, grass, fruit and vegtable clippings).

Mosquito larva and other small live foods are readily accepted

What types of frozen foods are available in your country?

aziyaeian
05-01-2003, 04:07 AM
Hi Carol;
There are some kind of frozen foods available here. Like bloodworm, gamaros (small sea shrimp).
But I prefer to feed them with live food because I think it motivate them to feed.
And there is another question. I herd if they feed with live food, after they began to breed, all of the fry will be eaten with parents because they are used to and like to feed live food. What is your idea?

ReeferKimberly
05-01-2003, 04:32 AM
fry will or will not be eaten, but is doesn't have to do with wheather or not the parents are fed live foods. i agree, try blackworms.my discus don't really like live brine either.
kimberly :-*

Carol_Roberts
05-01-2003, 04:05 PM
I feed live blackworms to my breeders and they do not eat their fry. I feed the blackworms everday - prior to laying eggs, while fry are first freeswimming - everyday. At about 2 weeks the fry start to eat the blackworms too.