PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Partner!

brewmaster15
04-30-2003, 11:05 AM
Its kind of Funny a little over a year and a half ago and I didn't even Know Ryan Smith. Now Theres probably times he wishes he didn't know me! ;) ;D

For those of you that don't know Ryan... Let me introduce you. Ryan is the co-owner of this site, and he is the guy that is responsible for every web related aspect of this site. When you log on and find SimplyDiscus.... Ryan is the one that is to thank for keeping things running smooth. When theres a software glitch, he's the guy that fixes it. When I have a crazy Idea for the board, he's the one that makes it a reality. I could spend hours writing about all the things this guy does for this site, and our sister sites, but it still wouldn't be enough.

You'd think with all the webmastering tasks he does here, that would be enough, but on top of all that , he also helps me make all the site policies, and as a team we discuss every aspect of running this site.

That alone would be enough for most people, but lucky for me, its not enough for Ryan. On top of all that, Ryan has pretty much handled all of this recent birthday celebration for the site. If you entered the free giveaway, Ryan was the one that handled the entry, issued the numbers, contacted the winners, and coordinated with the donors of our prizes.

I just wanted to take the time to thank the person that makes this site function as well as it does, and to thank the person that has been such an important asset to SimplyDiscus. Thank You Ryan, we'd be Lost with out You!, and I'd be lost without your help here. :)

Thanks Partner!
-al

Surfghost63
04-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi Al and Ryan !!!

Thanks for this first year, both of you guys are great !! :drummer:

Cheers,

Bill :guitarist:

O
04-30-2003, 12:15 PM
Yes, Thank you Ryan and Al, this site is an invaluable source of information!

O.

ronrca
04-30-2003, 03:14 PM
I would also like to express my thanks! However, Im not really sure how I can in words! Therefore, consider yourself hugged! (no kiss) ;D

O, just had a wonderful thought! Let me express my thanks this way!

This is for everyone reading this post!
If you have benefited from simplydiscus in any way, if you have found simplydiscus a truly wonderful site with excellant info and great people, there is a button at the very top of your brower! Its called "DONATE"! By showing our appreciation towards Al and Ryan, donate whatever you feel you want and can afford.

It does not have to be a large sum! The money that you donate is used for things like shipping the prices and much more! ;) (maybe we'll be able to see more getaways, contests, draws, etc)!

PS-And in case your wondering, Yes! I have already donated! ;D ;)

Smokey
04-30-2003, 03:31 PM
I would like to compliment both Al and Ryan on a excellant site. Their timeless effort has created, IMO , the most resourceful ''DISCUS'' site in North America!
Not to mention the wonderful comroderaly[sp] friendships
that have arisen.
[just wondering - when the ''first'' SimplyDiscus marriage might occur.???. lol - Hey , anything is possible.]

As Ron mentioned - this site is wonderful - oppuritunity / expierence !

I have donated a custom built BIO-TOWER@ ; just for the birthday celibration. Canadians only. hehehehehehe.

Smokey
As simplydiscus has grown, so have I.

Tyler
04-30-2003, 03:42 PM
And on top of all that, he manages to find time to chat with me everday on msn!
Thanks Ryan.....

Tyler

BJ
04-30-2003, 03:45 PM
I have learned a lot and benefitted greatly from this board. I will always remember the helpful advice and research Ryan has done for me when I decided to get back into Discus about a year ago! Thanks Ryan, Thanks Brew, Thanks Simply!!!

Ardan
04-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Ryan is a top notch guy!!!! Smart, friendly, and considerate! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

THANKS RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Fish_Fin-atic
04-30-2003, 05:50 PM
He does all that website-related work, :computer: and finds time to post on the forum, AND finds time to chat, :gossip:A N D still somehow manages to keep Discus?! :fish:

Hey Ryan....do you get ANY sleep at all?! :sleeping:

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication! :thumbsup:

April
04-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Yes.,.Ryan is great. :cool:and no...i can attest to the fact that Ryan does not sleep. everytime i log on at night....he is on. :computer:
:sleeping:He does great work. Kinda makes me feel guilty for not helping more...I do offer...but got this feeling that Ryan is a bit of a perfectionist.... hmmmm.
and Brew also is a very busy boy. seems their a good team.
;D
Not sure Brew does alot of sleeping either :sleeping:. well ...its a fact he doesnt.
Oh..and Ryan :does a few extracurricular photo enhanced designs for his friends to see also.keeps us laughing. ;D
and he also made my webpage for me in a few short hours. :thumbsup:
Smokey..can i fix your spelling mistakes? lol.
first simplydiscus marriage? hmm...when will someone announce their gettin married..or two members ?
we have a few simplydiscus babies coming up....

wall_o_fish
04-30-2003, 10:17 PM
HOOORAYYY for Ryan!

That was such an inspiring speech, I think I'll donate to the SimplyDiscus cause. Honestly, the knowledge I've gained here is worth way more than I'll be donating. And the networking with other breeders and the cool pics are WAY worth a donation. I wish I weren't a poor student; I'd donate more!

scott

Carol_Roberts
04-30-2003, 10:54 PM
. . .and Ryan works and takes classes and helps others with their sites. . . the list goes on and on . . . .

Thanks Ryan, Thanks Ryan, Thanks Ryan

Kap
04-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Just want tojoin in the kudosand simply say "thanks" like all the others above have done!

I have learned so much and can spend sooooo much time on this great site because there is always sooo much to learn. There is a wealth of expert advice here-and not just about discus but about many related topics, too!

Thanks again and again!

--Kap

Ryan
04-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Thanks everyone. At times running a website can be very stressful and when you know that it's appreciated, it eases the strain a little and makes it all worthwhile.

I apologize for not being around much -- I just started my new job and I'm adjusting to my new schedule. I hope to be back and posting more often in the coming weeks :)

Ryan

April
04-30-2003, 11:38 PM
good Ryan...your eyes in your avatar look tired...look like your trying as hard as you can to hold your eyes open. lol
;D

RandalB
05-01-2003, 02:16 AM
It's good to see credit going where it's due around here. Ryan does more after 1:00 am than most of us do all day.

Thanks Bro for making it Simply the best. I credit this board for keeping my discus alive and well.

RandalB

korbi_doc
05-01-2003, 08:09 AM
:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: I don't know how you guys do it, but THANK YOU BOTH!! You've done a great job!!!!!!! & it is appreciated!!!!!!
Dottie ;D ;D ;D

dm
05-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Thanks to both of you this is the best Discus site out there. You are doing an awesome job.

05-01-2003, 08:44 AM
I can't imagine not having Simply Discus around .....
my morning routine would be lost without this place. Thanks Ryan, Al and all the Members that participate here. You guys REALLY do a GREAT job :thumbsup:

or how is it my 11 year old daughter says that ??? Oh yeah!! This Place Rocks ;D

Beth

Jason
05-01-2003, 12:50 PM
not many would put in the dedication to a fish forum, or any project for that matter, that he has.

Ryan put in a temendous effort to make this forum the best it could be, that not only includes his crazy web skills but also alot of emotional fatigue.

Just remember Ryan, when things get rough, or don't go the way they should, you still created the best of its kind, all all your hard work has not gone unoticed!

aqua
05-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Al and Ryan,
You guys are the men! This is one of the best site I have found. Since the first day, I have found myself coming in here to read new posts from members everyday. Haven't miss a day yet! It's a big gift for us (newbies) to have what you two and other staff members of SimplyDiscus have done. Thank you all.

Aqua

tom.s
05-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys!!

ReeferKimberly
05-06-2003, 01:53 AM
yes, i agree thank you soooooooooooooo much. what would i do without this place? how did i live before it?? my entire afternoon and night is dedicated to simply, at least when i'm not at work or school. this is my getaway, my paradise, you guys are my heros!!
no one can begin to thank you enough Ry and Al!!!
kimberly :-*

wildthing
05-06-2003, 08:51 AM
good job guys, making Simply the pre-eminent Discus site.

DW

http://wilddiscus.com

GWdiscus
05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
If the rest of the world acted like the people on this site what a great improvement it would be. The free flow of information is outstanding, I could not have gotten back into discus without all the knowledgable and helpful people here.
So thanks to everyone, but most especially thanks to Ryan and Al for making this possible.

Michael

Don_Lee
05-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Ryan-You are the greatest! Your work on the site really makes a huge difference in the Simpy experience. THANKS!

Don ;D