PDA

View Full Version : nitrobecter

DavidWong
05-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Can someone be kind enough to advise what good brand of the above product to use for my 250 litres tank. i am a newbee in this business of discus keeping.

:D ::)

CHughes
05-03-2003, 05:37 PM
David:
I'm not sure what you are asking...I have checked nitrobecter on Google and a few other search engines with no results. Are you looking for something to reduce nitrates?

If so check out other threads here on pre-filter and using porthos or philedendrom in your tank. Lots of good advise are offered up by the members of this forum.

Chris

DavidWong
05-03-2003, 07:34 PM
Chris,

Thanks for your advice.....

Perhaps I had not been very clear in my request. I wanted to know if there is any available bacteria cultures for use to induce the cultivation of the right type of bacteria for biological filtration inn my tank.

Mike_Selley
05-03-2003, 08:17 PM
David,

There have been many products like you're talking about over the years and a lot of people don't feel they work very well. There is a new product called Bio Spira from Marineland that the fish stores swear works instantly. I haven't tried it so I'm not endorsing it, but if I Was going to try a product like that, that is what I would get. I am going to try it on a tank without discus to try to see if it works. Many people start this bacteria in their tanks with pure amonia. I think there is a thread on how to do it in the Beginners Section. It's called fishless cycling the tank. :)

Mike_Selley
05-03-2003, 08:26 PM
If you're interested in the fishless cycle there is a thread 3 or4 lines above this one called Beginners Info Index and under that is Cycling Filters :)

Discusgeo
05-03-2003, 09:47 PM
David read this article I posted a while back.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=5807