PDA

View Full Version : Discus In Northern KY or near Cincinnati, OH

Jamie H
05-11-2003, 11:33 PM
Does any one know where I can get some nice Discus in Northern, KY or Cincinnati, OH. I am fairly new and have some red turquiose discus two red snakeskin and would like some other strains. Thanks Jamie H

RAWesolowski
05-13-2003, 02:58 AM
Two trustworthy people that I can think of are Jim Beaver at Discus Connection and Rocky Mountain Discus. Neither is directly in your area but a nice drive in this weather.

GWdiscus
05-13-2003, 08:59 AM
If you can make the drive up to Columbus, Ohio Bill Deem has a whole basement of great discus. He's been breeding them forever, I first met him 12 years ago. He's a great guy and very knowledgable about discus. He has a wide variety and has had many young each time I've been in there in the last couple of months. I purchased 9 discus back in Feb. and they are all doing fantastic.
He is not a high tech type of person, very striaght forward as far taking care of his discus. He has a web site that someone else put together for him but has not been kept up to date. Its something like central ohio discus. Bill can careless about web pages, his focus is on discus.
His number is 614-276-3652, he's not a night owl like many here on SD, so call before 9 pm EST. I've had problems contacting him, but just keep on trying you'll get him.
Good luck

If he asks, tell him Michael the science teacher from Dublin gave out his number.

Francisco_Borrero
05-15-2003, 10:24 AM
Hi Jamie and Michael:

I cannot help Jamie in the discus quest, but I like seeing there are discus nuts around Cincy and Columbus.
I am moving to the Cincy area in late June, and would love to eventually meet/chat with you.
So far (3+ years) I have been exclusively a wild discus person, but I do appreciate nice "clasic" varieties, and in general, nice, large, round and healthy discus.
I look forward to interacting with you.
Good luck in your quest. Cheers, Francisco.

GWdiscus
05-15-2003, 10:39 PM
Fransico,
There are a lot discus people in Cinci from what I've been told, I kow a few in Columbus, but I'm new and am sure there are many more.
On your way up from Columbia bring a few boas with you, just kidding, but not really.
Are you going to be able to bring you wilds with you?
Micahel

fishingranni
06-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Hey Jamie, we found Cincinnati Discus, (located in Fairfield) about a month ago. We bought a total of 10 Discus from Ken & Charlie on Sunday. We thought these were all juvies--put them into a 55 gal. tank & during feeding on the following Thursday noticed eggs on a clay pot. I put a divider into tank; was able to keep a few of the eggs, eggs hatched a few days later. We now have 9 babies pea size to dime size. This is our first experience with breeding Discus and it has been quite a thrill. I would definitely recommend Cincinnati Discus. Their fish are beautiful; tanks were spotless. Great selection. They have their own website, too. Good luck. Regards, Myrna

06-10-2003, 04:22 PM
wait a couple of months and head to ACA... you will have hundreds to choose from... ;)