PDA

View Full Version : blackworm storage

harvey
05-19-2003, 10:51 PM
I am looking for suggestions on how to keep blackworms in storage and rinse them automatically or continuously. I know some use the "waste" water from their RO system but how do you set this up and what mistakes have been made and corrected to get it to work properly? It has been a headache in the past to rinse worm keepers individually.
:banghead:
Thank you in advance for any responses.

gary1218
05-20-2003, 07:06 AM
Harvey,

There is LOTS of information on this site about that subject already. I'm sure if you do a search on blackworms and/or CBW you'll find all the information you need, pictures included :D

GARY

dm
05-20-2003, 07:50 AM
I don't know how anyone rinses them continuously. I just rinse them every day before I use them.

Carol_Roberts
05-20-2003, 02:00 PM
Some folks run the waste water from the RO through their worm bin

BlueTurquoise
05-20-2003, 09:01 PM
hmmm never thought of that... I normally just buy enough to feed my discus for 2 weeks exactly. This way they will stay alive for all of the 2 weeks that I have them if i rinse them everyday when I do water changes or when the water gets cloudy/smelly or when worms start to perform mass exodus.

I feed my worms twice a day so I come in contact with them twice a day and therefor I may as well give em a quick rinse since I'm at it anyway... ;)

Chong

discusnovice
05-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Chong: You said feed your worms. ??? ??? WHAT do you feed them and how often. ??? ??? I have been feeding CBW for 2+ months now and my discus LOVE them. :love: