PDA

View Full Version : How to Enhance the redness of Marlboro ??

Traveller
05-22-2003, 04:06 AM
I have a juv Marlboro discus... however it is not red at all? It only shows some orange pigments near its dorsal fin.. What must i do to enhance the redness of it???

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

angel12
05-22-2003, 06:21 AM
.. how old are they ? if it is stil young the colouring will have not fully devleoped yet I wouldnt worry to much as long as your water is stable and clean no nasties in there like nitrite and ammonia also Nitrate below 5ppm pref 0 ..they will colour up
most reputable pellet forms of fish food have colour enhancing addatives built into them..

HTH :)

Traveller
05-22-2003, 07:55 AM
My fish is about 2-3 months old and it only prefers bloodworm and nothing else! What should i do to make it love the pallets?? And how long does it take for its redness to be completely developed ?

Wolf
05-22-2003, 10:05 AM
I recommend tetra bits. Mine love them. Also if all he eats is bloodworms that is bad. You need to vary his diet even if he goes on hunger strike for a few days he will eventually eat the other food you give him. I feed mine brine shrimp, bloodworms, ocean nutrition forumla one frozen cubes, Wattley beefheart mix, flakes, and tetra bits. Mix a little of the pellets or other food with his bloodworms when you feed and eventually he will eat anything you throw in the tank. Also, try new food first thing in the morning as they are more willing to eat something new if they haven't been fed recently.

afick1975
05-22-2003, 11:28 AM
I agree Wolf.

Andre

BlueBull
05-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Hi Traveller,

You can try the Sera Discus pellets that enhance the red fishes. THey also have one that enhances blue. Both with spirulina added. Available in most good aquarium shops in Spore.

Try Majestic at Blk 226G Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 St 22 #01-677.

Traveller
05-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot wolf and bluebull !! Bluebull does the tetrabits enhance the redness ? Do u know any local fish shops/farm that sell quality discus at a reasonable/ cheap price ? ;D

BlueBull
05-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Hi again,

Tetrabits do enhance redness, but only slightly.

Quality Discus can be found at the famous Chai Discus Farm in Commonwealth.

A shop that I like to get my Discus from is the above mentioned Majestic in Ang Mo Kio.