PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone Out There....

wolf_discus
05-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Greetings To Moderators & All The Discus Lover,

Im New in This Forum, I Just Started Keeping Discus. Hope I Can Learn And Share At This Forum.

Best Rgd, Wolf :D

jeep
05-24-2003, 01:57 AM
:wave:

ReeferKimberly
05-24-2003, 02:09 AM
U CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE. we are all one big family here, u will love it!! so what are your stats? (fish, name, location...)
describe yourself ;D
kimberly :-*

wolf_discus
05-24-2003, 02:59 AM
hI ham helper,

Im From Singapore,
Below Is One Of My Low Grade Discus....
Hope U Guys Enjoy It :P :P

wolf_discus
05-24-2003, 03:02 AM
But I Dunno Why There Is A Red Dot On The One Side Of The Grill.
But She Is Doing Fine..... Eat, Rest, Chase After Fishes.... Hee Hee
Can Anyone Explain, Thanz For All The Help In Advance

Carol_Roberts
05-24-2003, 03:05 AM
Hi Wolf, welcome to SimplyDiscus :wave:
We love seeing pictures of Singapore discus. Do you mostly have pigeon based discus?

Usually red spots on the body are signs of infection . . . .

ReeferKimberly
05-24-2003, 03:10 AM
low grade ?!?
i wouldn't call that fishy low grade ;D

wolf_discus
05-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi Carol_Roberts,

This Is The Only PB That I Keep Now...... But The Red Dot Is There For The Pass 2 Month. No Sing Of Any Illness So Far?????? Hope U Can Tell Me Of How To Cure That Spotted....... Sorry If Im Asking Too Much......

Best Rgd, Wolf

lesley
05-24-2003, 04:24 AM
Hi Wolf, as a newcomer myself I know you will find this a very friendly and helpful forum.

Carol, if that spot was black, would you still be thinking of infection?

Regards all, Lesley

ReeferKimberly
05-24-2003, 04:57 AM
first off, there is no such thing as asking too much! :D

lesley, a lot of pbs have "birthmarks" where it looks like a solid large area of black scales. it is completely normal and usually even grows with age.

angel12
05-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Welcome Lesley and Wolf im sure if you learn half as much as I have in such a short amount of time your visits here will be invaluable to you and your fish ..

as for low Grade Discus em Id love to see your High Grade ones ..

Good Luck and Welcome

http://opkikkertje.nl/smilies/februari/blob1.gif

Carol_Roberts
05-24-2003, 06:03 PM
If the spot was black I'd be thinking pepper or pigment patch.

Is this raised like a wart or pimple?

lesley
05-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys,

Ham Helper, one of my bosses once said that he had never met someone who asked so many questions!! (and on such a broad scope!!!) ;D - mind you eventually my being curious did get me a great job!! ::). My question was a reaction to the red spot since I had a beautiful young solid blue discus who had a spot in the very same place but black. I will try to be more specific next time since I will probably be pestering you guys a lot!!

Carol, there was just a black spot that looked exactly like the one in the picture. Since I have just lost all my seven discus and the indications pointed to a pump failure and nitrite/ammonia through the roof, I wondered if maybe I should be looking further afield. The vet did a visual autopsy on one of them (not the one with the black spot) and could see nothing obvious.

So probably just pigment, but that was what triggered my question.

Lesley

ReeferKimberly
05-24-2003, 11:37 PM
oh man i'm sorry to hear about your fish :-[. dontja just hate those freak accidents that cost so much, both money and emotional wise :(

FrankLuvsDiscus
05-28-2003, 06:52 PM
;D Welcome Wolf and Larry

I think that either a black spot or red is more than likely pigment especially if there for a long time and the fish is not ill. I'd watch red spots closer than black that's for sure, cause red spots that just "show up", typically mean infection.

Wolf what kinda discus are around the Red PB? They look faded. Or is that just the lighting? :bounce2:

Have fun on this board its the greatest!!
Post freely! :wave:
Franko

wolf_discus
06-07-2003, 02:17 AM
hi Franko,

they are two the red-white and snow-white discus....
well they look as below, feel free to comment.

wolf

wolf_discus
06-07-2003, 02:31 AM
one more, just finish their food....

wolf_discus
06-07-2003, 02:52 AM
below is frys that i cross between 9bar lep. and red melon, please comment...

wolf

wolf_discus
06-07-2003, 03:14 AM
one more closer look at it,,,, hee hee

lesley
06-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Hi Wolf,

Is the snow white discus in your pic the same type of fish as in your other post regarding your community tank??

Your discus look great to me. Are those toys that you have in your tank? If so, do the discus use them much?

Thanks, Lesley

wolf_discus
06-07-2003, 10:18 PM
hi lesley,

they are doing fine in the tank, they are going after that toy some. its kinna funny sometimes...... cheersssss

wolf

roclement
06-09-2003, 09:36 PM
great fish, if you have a problem with that spot...send the fish to me! :funny:

welcome to the board! ;D

Rodrigo Clement

dm
06-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Hi Wolf,
Great looking fish you have there.

aloha_discus
06-11-2003, 02:56 AM
Aloha Wolf and welcome to the Simply family. ;D
Mahalo Ike ;D

06-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Who is this wolf guy? ??? Low grade discus my foot. a Beginner? You should post on the different section. You're are an experienced discus breeder really underestimate yourself. Excellent breed of fish you have and beautiful cross. You should teach us how to breed those Snow white. Welcome to Simply. Yo can contribute a lot of your experience in here. Welcome aboard. ;D ;D
Jimmy.

ronrca
06-11-2003, 02:50 PM
No kidding Jimmy! He should give us his real name! Maybe he a famous breeder hiding behind some user name! ;D

Excellant pics and beautiful fish! One problem though......I hope I can critize.......You have faaarrrr too many fry in that tank. I only recommend having 2 or 3 and sending the rest to me asap! ;D ;)

Dont worry! I'll cover shipping costs! 8)

wolf_discus
06-13-2003, 02:09 AM
No kidding Jimmy! He should give us his real name! Maybe he a famous breeder hiding behind some user name! ;D

Excellant pics and beautiful fish! One problem though......I hope I can critize.......You have faaarrrr too many fry in that tank. I only recommend having 2 or 3 and sending the rest to me asap! ;D ;)

Dont worry! I'll cover shipping costs! 8)

hi ronrca,

i mean i dun mind sending to u long as u pay for the shipping costs..... hee hee, i myself dun even know how much of the charges got to be paid???? by DHL or something?????? but im from singapore...... far issit!!! welll its up to u..... hee hee ;D ;D ;D
but i do wanna thankz u guys for all the lovely and kind comment, well..... discus is a fish that need care and time, if we do our part, they will do their part to be healty and nice..... swim to u when u walk near them, look at the owner and always finish up all the food u feed them. that is why they are name under the KING OF AQUARIUM......

rgd, wolf.....

DavidWong
06-13-2003, 04:03 AM
I also have a pair of Red White and Snow White which are about 4 months old....I find that the snow white are very gentle eaters compared to the red white and also the rate of growth is much smaller for the latter.
Wonder if anyone care to comment on this.....or is my pair unusual ?

wolf_discus
06-13-2003, 07:49 AM
hi DavidWong,

just my one cent thought...... what u say >>> ( I find that the snow white are very gentle eaters compared to the red white and also the rate of growth is much smaller ) well....... what u trying to said is true. the growing rate of SW is much more slower as to the RW!!!! i would say that it stil their gene, what do the members here think, any comments??????? as below is as over-view of some red white and snow white. hope u guys dun find it boring with this photo..... cheerssss ;D ;D ;D

wolf

wolf_discus
06-13-2003, 11:37 AM
another one..... ;D

wolf_discus
06-13-2003, 11:38 AM
oppppssssss one more

wolf_discus
06-13-2003, 11:39 AM
please let me post this also......

wolf_discus
06-13-2003, 11:42 AM