PDA

View Full Version : Help! Members - eBay

ronrca
06-04-2003, 01:28 PM
Last Friday I bought an item off eBay which is nothing new for me however Im having problems verifing shipping rates.

Netclearances even has a eBay store and lists a lot of items. Initially, I found this seller very well setup with links directly to Canada Post and UPS to get approximate shipping costs which I really like. Some of the items are very good priced that I have interest in but what does it help if they do not follow their own policies. http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=37076974

Their shipping charge and shipping policy states guaranteed lower shipping costs than Canada Post and UPS rates in bold blue letters. This is not the case and are charging around $8cdn more than what Canada Post has quoted. I have e-mailed them a couple of times already with no answer as to why. I have not payed them yet and will not payed them until this gets resolved.

http://www.homedecoonline.com/ShippingPolicy.html

This is false advertising and is illegal. So far I have 3 different shipping rates, $14US (their initial e-mail), $12.6US (their autocalculated link) and $11.98cdn (the Canada Post link on their website).

What can I do?

I also have a number of e-mails from other dissatified people about their shipping costs.

henryD
06-04-2003, 02:22 PM
I would email Ebay customre service and put it to their attention. I have had some problems earlier and they were of great help.

ronrca
06-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks Henry! I did this morning so Im waiting for a reply for them.

Dave C
06-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Are you sure you're comparing the same shipping method? They could be pricing Xpresspost and you get a rate for Regular Parcel. And do you know the dimensions as well as the weight? You'll need those for the rate within Canada. The link on their site is for shipping from Canada to the U.S. so you can't use that link.

jeep
06-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Short break Dave. I knew you couldn't stay away ;D

ronrca
06-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks Dave!

Yes, I made sure that it was shipping in Canada, not the US! LOL! The dimensions are posted along with the weight! Normally one does have the option of which shipping method to use, express or regular.

I did finally get an e-mail about an hour ago. Their shipping charge that is autocalculated includes shipping UPS, handling fee in the warehouse and insurance fee. :o Handling fee in the warehouse? No mention of that anywheres! I understand the insurance fee but how much does it cost to insure an item that is valued around $10cdn? Not $8, not $6, not $4, maybe $1 or $2. Therefore their handling fee in the warehouse is around $6. I dont buy items which hidden fees!

Plus, it seems that there are at least 2 people that dont communicate with each other operating the e-mails because I would send an e-mail in response to one of their e-mails and the get same as previous reply around 3 hours later without my response.

So, its also a week now and still no headway. I going to call it off. Its unfortunate that a Canadian based company has these sort of practices. >:( O well! Live n learn!

henryD
06-06-2003, 11:42 AM
I think there is a section for handling charges. So if there were going to be any. They should put it is as a fee they are going to charge. It is one of those scum ball companies that list the lowest price to get your attention and then add "rust proof undercoat" in their prices. I hate that! I would not buy from them base on principal.

ronrca
06-06-2003, 03:46 PM
I cant find any section on handling charges!

I have heard nothing from them yet. I gave them an option also. Both of us leave negative feedback or we dont leave negative feedback. I will wait a week or so and if no response, I will leave negative feedback.

ronrca
06-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Wow! A response!

the shipping cost is USD$14 if you live in USA and if you live in Canada you can give some discount on shipping cost, so where you live?
please supply the mailing address and we will give you the best shipping cost

What? Why not figure out first where the guy lives then forward the cost to ship? Incredible. Its been a week now!

My response:

I included my address in the very first e-mail that I sent Monday morning! I would think that you would do this right the first time, not 1 week later after a number of e-mails. I mentioned in my last e-mail that I'm backing out therefore don’t bother. I'm not interested anymore after a whole week of trying to resolve the issue with poor communication on your part and still trying to convince me that the correct price of $12.6US is the shipping rate! I also mentioned in my last e-mail I do not purchase from people that surprise me with hidden costs like the handling fee in the warehouse.

In my last e-mail, I had left you with the option of dropping it therefore no feedback or we both can leave negative feedback!

Thanks for your effort but no thanks!

ronrca
06-18-2003, 12:01 PM
Ok! You are not going to believe this (the best is at the bottom btw)! After the above e-mail, I got an e-mail the next day, June 7 stating
hi,
it cancelled.no hard feeling.

Good! Im done! Yea right!

June 12 I receive an e-mail stating
Congratulations!!!
You are the high bidder on this item(ebay#:2325053474) on EBAY on 5/30/2003.
Please send your payment by bank money order, USA postal money order, cashier cheque, or PayPal
for (US$7.99 + US$14 S/I/H)
(Total Amount is:US$ 21.99 )

I didnt respond to this one! Note the orginal shipping cost again! After how many weeks of e-mailing, etc, etc! ::)

Wow! June 13:
Hi,

Over 2 weeks ago( 5/30/2003) you purchased an item from us on Ebay item :2325053474.

Until this time we have not yet received payment(US$7.99 + US$14 S/I/H)(Total amount should be:US$21.99).

Well I responded to this one
If you people would actually communicate with each other, you would know by now that this has been taken care of a week ago. This continues to underline the poor service that you are offering with the high shipping rate attached with it.

Attached, find some of the correspondence that has taken place. I still find it hard to believe that you are charging $14US after the numerous e-mails that were sent. Unbelievable!

On June 15 I get
hi,
what you would like us to do? do you still interest to purchease it or not? please let us know about this a.s.a.p.

What????

So I responded back
Like I mentioned, this has been resolved already. I quote the e-mail that I received from you

“From: home deco [netclearances@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 2:19 PM
To: rreisdorf@magnaiv.com
Subject: RE: eBay Item: NEW 62 PIECE DRILL/ DRIVER BIT WITH CASE NR (Item #2325053474)

hi,
it cancelled.no hard feeling.”

Therefore, we decided its cancelled.

Hmmm! I just cant believe this! Then get this! This is hilarious! June 18:
hi, you need pay $3 as relisting fee if you want to cancel it
an

Hahaha! :o Get real here!
My response
Again I quote from June 7, 2003 e-mail!

“From: home deco [netclearances@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 2:19 PM
To: rreisdorf@magnaiv.com
Subject: RE: eBay Item: NEW 62 PIECE DRILL/ DRIVER BIT WITH CASE NR (Item #2325053474)

hi,

it cancelled.no hard feeling.”

First of all, it’s not my fault that you have to relist. Had you actually followed your shipping policy of guaranteed shipping rates lower than Post Office and UPS published rates, you wouldn’t need to relist.

Find out whoever sent me that e-mail and get the $3 from him! I'm quite sure that from charging outrageous shipping costs that do not follow your shipping policy you can find $3. If you would read the e-mails that were sent over the last two and a half weeks, I gave the option of doing 1 of 2 things. We can drop that whole thing thus leaving no feedback or we can both leave negative feedback. This is unbelievable! First wanting to rip me off with $14US shipping cost (Canada Post quote was $12Cdn) without even asking for my address and now wanting $3 to relist! Maybe I’ll have to put an invoice together for time spend e-mailing trying to get the shipping cost resolved.

They want me to pay them $3 to relist! :crazy: :funny: Unbelievable! How can companies like this survive?