PDA

View Full Version : Any Breeder or Supplier in NY or NYC area?

xpotato
06-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Hi,

I would like to know that do you ppl know any breeder or Supplier in NYC?

Carol_Roberts
06-04-2003, 04:45 PM
David webber at www.wilddiscus.com

Frank at Edgewater Discus http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=10103

are two that readily come to mind

xpotato
06-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Carol,

Do you know what kind of discus is good for beginner to keep?
cheap and easy to take care

Carol_Roberts
06-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Healthy ones from a reliable breeder.

David Webber specializes in wilds and is most likely more expensive that Frank.

Frank raises several types of domestics. Generally common domestics are cheaper than either newer strains of domestics or imported wilds

wildthing
06-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Healthy ones from a reliable breeder.

David Webber specializes in wilds and is most likely more expensive that Frank.

Frank raises several types of domestics. Generally common domestics are cheaper than either newer strains of domestics or imported wilds

Carol, until you ask you don;t know.

Carol_Roberts
06-05-2003, 05:32 PM
You are right David. . . it's always best to call or even visit the discus breeders/hobbyiests that are near you. You never know who might be running out of tank space . . . or just be willing to make you a good deal - and you save on shipping costs too.

ndiscus
07-25-2003, 04:24 PM
you also have mark rubanow in Hicksville Long island. Exit 41 off the long Island expressway. ;D I am a importer of Asain fish with 6 years and 8 trips their to differant hactheries behind me and 53 tanks. New imports and breeding pairs with babies.
nassaudiscus@aol.com ;)

acorn54
07-25-2003, 10:37 PM
i bought from you mark and i'm sorry to say i was dissappointed with how the discus turned out for me. football shape.big eyes stunted growth.
now before you say it's my lack of care i'll say i got discus from gil curtain out in shirley who frank will attest is an excellent breeder. my discus from gil were fine, eyes well -proportined to body size and round shaped.

RandalB
07-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Acorn54,
Just as an FYI, The correct format for stating a complaint about a breeder or importer is:

"I have had a problem with XYZ breeder. I would not purchase from him/her again. Please IM or E-mail for details"

Please review the board's mission statement regarding buyer/seller complaints and disputes.

Further posts like the one above will result in your post being edited or deleted.

Regards,
RandalB
Simply Discus Team/Global Moderator

acorn54
07-25-2003, 11:01 PM
thanks randal for the info, i'm sorry.
i would like to add that i think it is unethical of someone to spam this discussion group and a rule should be made to delete their posts

RandalB
07-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Acorn54,
I understand your point, unfortunately, this particular thread is seeking Breeders and suppliers in NY or NYC. The above individual you have a complaint about is a supplier in the NY area. Therefore his self advertisement in this case is appropriate to the thread. I will make mention to the board owners/administrators about your anti-spam idea. I have already made them aware of this particular thread.

Regards,
RandalB

brewmaster15
07-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Hi Acorn,
Feel free to contact me by IM on this matter. I fully concur with Randals posts here though.

For future reference please read the sites Mission statement

http://www.simplydiscus.com/mission_statement.html

Thanks,
al

DISCUS USA
07-26-2003, 09:02 AM
I had an experience with MARK Please IM for Details.

Hector