PDA

View Full Version : Why are some users online highlighted?

Rod Coleman
06-09-2003, 03:50 AM
Just curious,

At the bottom of the main forums page, in the Users Online section - why are some users highlighted?

Rod

nalah
06-09-2003, 04:12 AM
geez you're nosey.LOL

these members are part of admin.- eg/ April,Brew,Carol,Ryan,etc,etc.

Rod Coleman
06-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Pascale - you're a genius..

and vewy wascally. :P

Rod

06-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Almost Right lol

Those are the member of area 51 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronald ;D

Jean
06-10-2003, 12:38 AM
;DRonald...

Causing trouble again! ;)

Jean ;D 8)

Ryan
06-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Red names are Administrators, blue names are Global Moderators, and green names are Moderators. They are highlighted to make it easy for those who need to get in touch with a mod/admin to find a person to contact. I could make them all the same color but I feel it works out nicely this way.

Just because a moderator/global moderator shows up in a different color doesn't mean they have access to Area 51. These are totally separate things.

Ryan

nalah
06-10-2003, 06:50 PM
ooooooooohhhh,so Ryan,you admit there's an area 51. LOL

Ryan
06-10-2003, 07:21 PM
This board is managed by the moderating team as a group, not by one person. Area 51 was the name I gave to our mod/admin section just as a joke when the forum started. I intended to change it, but it was catchy, so it stuck.

The mod/admin board is an important part of this site even though standard members do not have access to it. It is used as a sounding board for suggestions and ideas from moderators, a place for mods to vote on board decisions and changes, and also for coordinating things such as contests and auctions.

Most message boards have a mod/admin board. I am pretty sure DAAH and AquaForums have one as well. They are no big secret, and nothing exciting or secret goes on there, it's just a lot easier than having to IM all of your mods and wait for replies, etc.

Now, for those of you that keep IM'ing me about the secret stuff going on there, you can stop. It's not what you're making it out to be.

Ryan

nalah
06-10-2003, 08:16 PM
it was only a joke Ryan. ???

April
06-10-2003, 08:40 PM
yeppers.the most boring part of the board. sometimes not a post in a week . usually just announcements. and of course roll call. if some of us are mia. or going away etc.
kinda like school all over again ....have to bring absent notes. with phony excuses. i had a stomach ache....or i slept in. lol.
the biggest excuse seems to be....my dog ate my mouse. or...i did a wc and soaked my keyboard.
ok just kidding. our boss isnt too mean. but we dont get holiday pay and we dont get sick leave. : (( not alot of benefits. cept we do get our names lit up. guess that counts...and till now we were exempt from spotlights. that benefit might end.

Ryan
06-10-2003, 08:43 PM
it was only a joke Ryan. ???

I understand that, Pascale. The post was not directed at you. However, it did give me the perfect opportunity to offer a little insight into the whole Area 51 topic. There are people who have developed conspiracy theories as to what is said and done in Area 51. Deep, dark secrets? No. Pleasant surprises in the near future for Simply members? Well, wait and see...

Ryan

brewmaster15
06-10-2003, 09:09 PM
:)

nalah
06-10-2003, 09:14 PM
no probs Ryan.
by my comment re area 51,i meant the REAL 51. now THAT is interesting. so unless you are using discus as a cover for alien conspiracies... ;)

brewmaster15
06-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Pascale,
SHHHHH!!! Don't tell anyone... but all discus addicts are aliens ;)

-al

Rod Coleman
06-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Looks like I opened a can 'o worms here! ;D

Sounds like a real cover-up but I suspect that the discus are the aliens and are exerting mind control to make us re-engineer our planet to be like theirs. Today the glass boxes - tomorrow the world!

Rod ;D

April
06-10-2003, 11:34 PM
not to mention one of our favourite friends here.... :gorgeous: who is right now missing in action....lives there. and when she does post....there is alot of excitement and alot of emoticans used etc.
maybe their experimenting on her as we speak.

06-11-2003, 10:45 AM
I also ment is as a joke :(

No hidden conspiracy theorie in mind.

Ronald

ronrca
06-11-2003, 06:38 PM
What? Area 51? Where?

btw, I thought I was never ever to mention area 51! Not even in my sleep! :-X

Whats going on here! 8)

You mean I dont have to PM you anymore Al! That was fun!

Btw, we are out to get you! Ok, maybe not you but all your discus! ;D