PDA

View Full Version : New Discus Owner

discuswannabe
06-13-2003, 01:44 PM
:D After months of reading on this great place I've learned alot. I'm now the official owner of four discus. Received them yesterday and so far they are doing fine. I know I've probably got rocky days to come but I know where to come for help. Thanks RandalB for the R/O unit and answering all of my questions. ;D Donna in Virginia

ronrca
06-13-2003, 01:47 PM
:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :cool: :thumbsup:

Right on! Its like christmas isnt! ;)

Welcome to simplydiscus and congrats on your discus! :D

pvmuth
06-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Let the fun begin. ;)

Smokey
06-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Yes now the dedication. Donna.

Three basic rules :
1 - clean water
2 - healthy water
3 - food.
Then the ultimate enjoyment ... Discus.

Wecome to the club.

Carol_Roberts
06-16-2003, 06:39 PM
Hi Donna:

If you bought healthy discus from a reputable breeder, keep up with your water changes and tank maintainance you won't have "rocky times". You will have healthy, hungry discus growing like weeds. ;D

April
06-16-2003, 10:35 PM
congrats Donna.
im sure you will do fine. but there will be times when the worried mother syndrome pops up.and you wonder if something is normal.
but the more you watch the more you will learn to read discus.
keep us updated.

discuswannabe
06-19-2003, 01:08 PM
One has me a little worried. He is getting bullied and wasn't eating until I received my CBW yesterday, so he did get to eat those. He is staying a little dark though. I've also noticed some twitching from some of the others. What should I do for that?? thanks. donna.

Carol_Roberts
06-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Daily water changes of at least 25% then wait and watch. Symptoms are too vague to treat yet.

April
06-19-2003, 06:14 PM
maybe keep the heat up high for now and keep some salt in there . the heat will encourage that little guy to eat.
with 4.there will be one who is the lowest guy on the totem pole. the blackworms are sure to encourage him.