PDA

View Full Version : oops! I did it again

Richman
06-14-2003, 10:07 PM
Just bought a 300 gallon aquarium.
Put an add in the paper for used aquariums and bought a 55 complete with hob filter, powerhead, air pump,etc. Complete setup for $15. Then bought a 29 breeder tank with full hood this am for $15. Now this monster.

Somebody stop me!
Shoot me...... anything. :crazy:

April
06-15-2003, 01:19 AM
LOL Richman. you need counselling for being a tankaholic.
i suggest you im jack aka Discus_KC for tanks anonymous. he can be of great help to you or a sponsor. even all the way from iraq he can help you with your tank buying problem. just ask him if hes ever brought home extra or new tanks he may not need? tell him april sent you for self control on buying tanks.

Ardan
06-15-2003, 07:01 AM
What a steal! 8)
I need help from you! ;D Don't stop now! ;)

mench
06-15-2003, 07:10 AM
Hey,you don't need any help,sounds like you are doing just fine...You are getting some great deals...WOW 300 gals...Himmmmmm now where couls I put one of those????
Mench

Richman
06-15-2003, 07:24 AM
Hey,
I'm single. I may just throw out all the living room furniture and put it in the middle of the room. LOL

No, really. I am fortunate enough to have plenty of space.

April
06-15-2003, 10:12 AM
yeah...thats great....who needs furniture unless it holds a tank.
when i was living in the back of my shop....our house was 14 x20 . and in that space there was three of us a computer tv and many tanks. i had tanks on the kitchen counters , one by the stove, the kitchen table was ousted, and there was no couch and two chairs.
i have more room now...and that was the kids one request is that our house looked like a normal family house. even bought a mini fridge for the worms..as other families didnt have worms in their fridge.
what are you gonna put in that 300 gallon? hope you have a very fast pump to pump water or...lots of time.
do we get to see pics when its set up?
who lifted that thing?

Richman
06-15-2003, 11:13 AM
April, LOL

You have it right. A piece of furniture isn't essential unless it can double as a tank stand.
Haven't even thought about exactly what I am going to put in the tank. Discus, I'm sure. Just haven't decided whether it will be growout or a show tank.
If a show tank I'll probably go with gravel and heavy filtration. I have a truck load of natural pea gravel in my yard covered with plastic. Just in case. I also have more filters than I know what to do with. I have a large Tide Pool wet dry that I gave a guy 50 bucks for. Never have used it.
Haven't picked the tank up yet. It will take a short road trip and will have to wait till next weekend.
For water changes, I'll use two 9.5 Mags at once. Should drain it pretty quick.