PDA

View Full Version : discus compatability

Block head ned
06-21-2003, 05:49 AM
hi everyone, im new here, and i have been keeping discus since the begining of the year, i have five discus in a 6 foot tank with 3 cardinal tetras, 1 bolivian ram, and 1 bristlnose catfish, 2 kuhli loaches, i also have another tank with 4 african blockheads, i have so far had no problems with the discus, they settled in well and are showingpretty nice colour, one of my discus got a desease recently and i cured him well, which was a releif, anyway my question is if discus are compatible with hatchetfish, cories and angels, which i was hopeing to get soon
attatched is a picture of one of my old blue rams

angel12
06-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Your choice of companinons will be fine In respect of Hatchet and Corries .. Some people advise against putting angelfish in with Discus due to disease they can carry also they tend to be very Messy eaters ... but again others do keep Angels with Discus it realy is a choice for you ....

HTH

luke_potts
06-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey block head, (like the name)
do you have any of those african blockheads breeding at the moment?
cause i have been lookiing for some for my classroom and they are soooooo hard to find. let me know plz.

Cheers
Luke

Block head ned
06-22-2003, 04:54 AM
i was just brouseing round the site..., its really big, and really cool!

so far i have managed to breed:

blue rams
kuhli loaches
white clouds
zebra danios
glass catfish (it can be done! 8) :D ;) )
and african blockheads, im trying to breed my bolivian rams, but my male needs a friend ::) i bred my blockheads in the past, but the babies died somehow, i have had babies survive of them before though, and i can breed them for you again...

i recently added another 60 watts of light to the tank and the discus love the extra light, so im giveing them some more nice plants, ill be getting cories next week and hatchets the following week, thanks again

;Dmichael ;D

Willie
06-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Quarantine?

Willie

discus_nw
06-22-2003, 03:18 PM
Hatchets will be fine. I would opt not to add angels. Kuhlii's perfer much cooler water. A discus tank is not the best set up for them.

Block head ned
06-23-2003, 02:15 AM
they wouldnt breed if they wernt happy, and breeding them was even an accident, anyway i read somewhere else that adults like higher temperature rather then the babies likeing lower temperature, but i can move them.