PDA

View Full Version : tank mates

keiser1
06-21-2003, 10:35 PM
hi i have 5 discus in a 5x2x2 planted tank i have not been keeping discus for long but all is going great i love them but was wondering if mollies and platies would be alright to put with them as tank mates and if not what would be a good fish to mix with them if ther is any at all at present i have clown louches and bristle nose catfish
thanks mat 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

angel12
06-22-2003, 05:43 AM
Mollies and Platies are not very good Tank mates due to the Higher temps you keep your discus at ... why not keep some other S American species like Hatchetfish (live on or near the surface and are Top feeders) Tetras... Cardianal/Rummy nose .. these are good indicators of water quality due the tips of nose changing coulour with the water qual).... or couple of Pair of Rams .... There are other speices besides the few I have mentioned above Personaly though id ditch the idea of Platties and Mollies .. No doubt other members will have there own ideas though..

HTH Good luck
;D

Willie
06-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Experienced hobbyists keep discus in dedicated bare bottom tanks. At most, we add some fish from the same biotype -- corys, rams, tetras. Its the only way we can get them to grow well.

Nuff said, Willie