PDA

View Full Version : Hygrophilia Corymbosa .... Pruning

angel12
06-24-2003, 04:16 AM
Ok Guys these plants are continualy Growing and are for ever near or on the surface with there leaves ... how Do I prune and replant ... is it possible? there seems to be what apper to be roots coming out from the main stem around half way down .. is this where I should cut and replant .. will the remaining stem contiune to grow or is that it ...

if anyone could advise id appreciate it ... :)

ChloroPhil
06-24-2003, 10:19 AM
This is one stemplant that appreciates having the bottom portion trimmed off and tossed. Go ahead and pull them out and trim off the bottom portion you want to get rid of and replant the tops. If you're up for it now's a good time to get a bucket and try growing your cuttings outside. Just put some dirt and water in there, plant your cuttings, and put it all on the back porch. Free plants! It's also a great way to get credit at your LFS.

ronrca
06-24-2003, 10:30 AM
The bottom portion trimmed off? You mean the roots? Cool! I didnt know that! My stems usualy look bad because of the beautiful growth on top and nothing on the bottom. ;)

angel12
06-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks Guys this is what has happend to my Plants ive taken all the dead old leaves off the bottom and ive got well it looks like a stick ie the stem and all the beautifull green leaves at the top and half way down ive got as mentioned what seem to be roots coming from the stem So Phil if I read you right what you suggest is to clip the top off and get rid of the remainig stem and replant the new leafed top ? I would appreciate your feedback just to make sure im doing the right thing as these are truely wonderfull plants and are fantastic in the colouration and ability to grow realy quickly even in such low light as in my Tank

Once again Thanks

ChloroPhil
06-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Yes. That's exactly what I mean. :)