PDA

View Full Version : finaly I got the Discus home.....

EIHAB83
06-24-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi..... today I got the pair in my tank they look wonderful I like them a lot .... they are stick together all the time hiding and when they swim around they swim like one fish and do some funny stuff like swiming to the front slow and swim backwards fast so thier tale touches and also I saw them cleaning the buttom of the tank .... are these good signs , I am not sure because its my fist time to keep discus my be these things all discus do but they are strange to me.... I think if they weren't a pair they wouldn't be so close like this ???
there is only one problem all of thier time is in the buttom of the tank they don't go up (well they did a little) .... the seller told me it's normal because it's new environment for them so they must take their time ..... in their old tank they swim very nicely .... do you think they don't swim a lot because the place is new for them??
I will take some pics for them and share them with you
have a good day ;D

angel12
06-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Congratulations! :) you seem to be on the right track it will take them a bit to settle in But if they are swimming freely and not hiding in a corner then you are part way there .. keep us informed and post those pics as for cleaning the bottom of the tank yes that is normal they are searching for food also exploring there new enviroment

;D

Carol_Roberts
06-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Adult fish may take longer to settle in to their new tank than juveniles - maybe even a week or two. Be patient and keep things kinda quiet around them for a few days. Do keep up daily water changes and offer foods they are used to eating. ;D

EIHAB83
06-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys .... I will keep you updated with what happens
have a good day :)

April
06-24-2003, 07:32 PM
all sounds good. congrats. id get a terracotta flower pot and stick it upside down in the center. they may start staring at it or pecking at it. get them used to it being there anyhow.
keep us updated.
feed lightly.dont leave any uneaten foods. make sure your filter can handle the new load. and keep up witht the wc's. best way for them to get used to you working around them. they get to recognize their owner and who supplies the food.
as they get more relaxed they should come up to greet you or get food .

EIHAB83
06-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi April thanks for your words .....
guys about 10mins ago something happend which is worrying me ... after a wonderful day today they were together all the time swiming like they are love birds it is real pleasure to look at them ... they ate all the food, I fed them twice and cleaned the buttom of the tank after each feeding every thing is fine till 10mins ago .... they started hitting each other like bulls well I don't know why??!!! and then the came next to each other but in the Opposite direction and then started hiting each other by their tales .... I am really confused ..... and now they are swiming together like nothing happend ..... plz tell me is it normal ... I am affraid that they are from the same sex ... the pet shop owner granted to me they are a pair if otherwise I will kill they guy lol .... will a pair do the things I told you about
many thanks to you

Carol_Roberts
06-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Yes

EIHAB83
06-25-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi Carol... I got worried but now I am feeling much better after reading your post saying pairs do act like this ... I hope they will be a good pair
thanks ;D