PDA

View Full Version : Where are you?

Rick_May
06-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Ok,
Before everyone starts posting where you’re at, STOP. There's a place for this and I'd like everyone to take advantage of it. For those who haven't posted yet, please go to the "hobbyist/event locator" and post your location. their over 2000 members on simply and if you take out the 1500 posts on the two aussie posts that means that only 1 in 4 members have posted on the "Hobbyist/event locator". I know some are concerned about privacy and if you are just post what state you’re in. Nobody’s asking for your address or pin numbers, or a date, were just trying to find people close by with the same interests. You might be surprised, their may be someone close by with discus to sell. Also please post your location on your profile.

Ok geting off my soap box now. :-*

wouldn't it be nice if their was a map to look at. (Al, I'm looking in your direction) ;)

Carol_Roberts
06-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Hi Rick:
I agree . . .a map with pins corresponding to our members location would be neat, but you are going to have to look at Ryan rather than Al I think, lol.

Maybe a regional map for the USA (by time zone?) and country maps for Canada, and the Aussies. Maybe continent maps elsewhere?

korbi_doc
06-29-2003, 03:42 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: Yeah! Rick & Carol, I agree with you both. A map would be cool!!! But, I have asked before, why is everyone so reluctant to put location in their profile?? Some even post in "for sale", & don't have their location in their profile. I don't see how that could be a threat to anyone, whatever, lol,, Dottie ::) ::) ::)

barron
06-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Great thinking.

Barron 8)