PDA

View Full Version : I JUST GOT MY FIRST DISCUS, YIPPY !!!

DiscusLover123
06-25-2003, 07:20 PM
hey guys,
i am sooo--- excited ! i just got my first discus !!! o' boy !
:thumbsup:

i wanted to know is there anything special i need to do for the first couple of days while they are here? i have had the lights off since they have been in there. (and of course the tank is cycled and preped w/ proper ph etc.)
also i have heard that for the first few days (hopefully not weeks) the discus will refuse to eat... what is a good food to get them on & how long will it usually take them to eat ?
i bought some daphina, by hakari at work (i work at a pet store). is that ok for them.
any help is LOVED !!

*thanx*

Jeff
06-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Try the Hakari BW. That is always good to start with.

EIHAB83
06-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Hi there, Congrats I am happy for you, I also got my first Discus Recently (Yesterday) and I am very happy aswell .... regarding the food I fed them the next day after getting them to the tank and they ate all the food offerd ... its better to start feeding them with same food they used to eat with the previous owner and after some time you can start making them used to the diet you want to offer for them....
good luck ;)

Carol_Roberts
06-25-2003, 08:59 PM
Good advice Eihab. You listen well.

EIHAB83
06-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Hi Carol.... I am learning amn't I lol
I hope I will get better as the time goes .... but all goes back to your valuable advices ;D
have a good day

rickk
06-26-2003, 05:17 AM
Concrats Discuslove123. I wish you many hours of pleasure with your new found friends. EIHAB83 has given your good advice.

good luck

rick