PDA

View Full Version : Colour Change.... is it normal

EIHAB83
06-29-2003, 03:48 PM
Hii.... how are you doing all ....
one of my discus has vertical black lines but some times they go dark and some times they go very light ... is this normal ???
and also with the same fish when this colour change happens the eyes go dark and then normal colour .... do I have to get worried or it's normal
have a good day :)

chinoz
06-29-2003, 04:44 PM
i belived its stress, anything from change of temp, ph, nitrite, ammonia etc. check your water parameters.

RyanH
06-30-2003, 09:35 AM
Although they are called "stress bars" most hobbyists seem to agree that they tend to show mood changes in general in Discus. And since Discus are extremely moody they are constantly changing color. :)

If yours however, are showing bright black stress bars almost constantly and seem darty or nervous you may want to do a check on your water chemistry and make sure there aren't any problems. pH, ammonia, temperature fluctuations, etc. are what I would be looking for. I try to do chem checks at least every other day to monitor for such problems.

April
06-30-2003, 01:27 PM
doesnt sound like hes smiling..
could be from them arguing though..marital squabbles. watch your fish and see when he flashes them. has he been chased? or after a wc or when he needs one?
is he eating well?
is his poop dark? the more you watch them the more you will learn their likes or dislikes.

Mick M
06-30-2003, 05:42 PM
Water problems I bet.
Where abouts are you located?

EIHAB83
07-01-2003, 05:30 PM
hi -=Thành=-
I checked my water it seems to be fine.... plus I am doing my water changes
have a good day
:)

EIHAB83
07-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Hi Ryan , thanks for the infos. it seems it's getting better now :)

EIHAB83
07-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Hi April... how are you... well I think it's because he was chased by the bigger partner ..... he/she it's ok now .... I think the bigger one is ready to breed and this one isn't, the last days lots of chaseing and fighting .... but since yesterday they are together all the time and doing some funny stuff like they make their tales attached and become like the letter V ... and other things .... April I heard Discus do some sort of Dance before spawning .... how exactly is this dance do they do a sertain thing ??? thanks for the help ;)

Fisheyes
07-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Well if your discus are from Western Canada the dance probably goes like this.

Swing your partner too and froe.
Tap your fin and let her go .
If she loves you time will tell
Once its done life is like hell

All them babies what will I do.

They keep me awake all through the night
I think next time I will do it right .
I will keep to myself and sit and watch .

All them other males can have the fun .
But when there awake and I am a sleep .
I can always yell --I don't want to hear a peep

Fisheyes : :crazy: :spank:
eIhab83 I have to tell you fish don't dance LOL

April
07-01-2003, 10:33 PM
LOL fisheyes.
ok..fish do bow however. they face each other and swim up top tip their heads down and do a bow facing each other.
so you can watch for that. the female should start darkening when getting close to laying time. male too.but female for sure.

EIHAB83
07-02-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi April ... thanks for the reply .... in fact my Discus are dark now (no bars) .... and what I noticed is .... they swim normal and doing fine ..... but once I am in the room they try to hide .... I hope they will breed some time soon
have a good day :)

EIHAB83
07-02-2003, 05:43 AM
hi fisheyes .... lol it's funny I liked what you said ;)