PDA

View Full Version : Any breeders in New Zealand?

Chris.L
07-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Hey guys,

Im new here, and wanted to know if there are any New Zealand discus breeders? Im getting started and would be good to know a few breeders here and there!

Thanks,
Chris

Mike and Suz
07-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Hi there,
I'm not a breeder but have managed to raise some young,the last breeding there were around 50-60 babies the last 9 I kept for myself,the parents were a powder blue male and a turquose blue,the 9 I have look to be either snake skin/leopard.
I have a couple of orange fish that are in the process of giving me another batch of babies.
What part of the country are you in?How many fish do you have?What colours are they and have you bred any yet?

Mike and Suz
07-11-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm in Dunedin,is there anyone else around ?Near or far?

Chris.L
07-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Im in Auckland. I currently have 2 GPB. I am going to a local breeder to pick up some Alenquer? discus. All of mine are 10cm~

If I get a pair I might start breeding.

BlueTurquoise
07-14-2003, 11:11 PM
There are some great breeders here in AU, your mother country...

Sorry could not resist!!! ;D ;D ;D :cowboy:

Chris.L
07-15-2003, 12:01 AM
cough!!

I now have:

2 GPB
1 Red Alenquer
1 Red Turqoise

But, still looking for a 5ft tank with stand :(

BlueTurquoise
07-15-2003, 12:07 AM
;D I knew i'd get flamed for that!!! hehehe :wave:

April
07-15-2003, 01:02 AM
Chong you trouble maker!!
Chris..you need to start a thread in the locator section for kiwis. theres about 8 or more kiwis on simply now and you guys keep missing each other.
so start a post. call it kiwi kiwi kiwi or something.
like the aussie aussie aussie post.
then you might find all the others on the forum.
and maybe set up a network to trade or sell etc.

BlueTurquoise
07-15-2003, 01:04 AM
teeheehee ok ok. I was about to suggest that next. It is a great way of locating your fellow Kiwis.

Then again you can just join our thread, you are only another state of Australia after all... ;D ;D ;D

LOL

Chris.L
07-15-2003, 04:41 AM
Im coming to Aussie soon ;) Hopefully I will have the time to visit a few breeders (if they let us NZ'ers in ;) ).

/Goes off to start the Kiwi! Kiwi! Kiwi! thread