PDA

View Full Version : Happy Happy

remikz
07-12-2003, 02:12 PM
I've bred my first fish ever!!

Yaay, I'm so happy. i'm far too new to and ill-equiped to try discus yet, but I thought "what the hell" and bought myself a pair of good-quality Czech Blue Rams for breeding purposes only.

They had paired off already in the shop where I work.. Infact all the fish in the tank had paired off

It's took a little over a week and I've had many ups and downs (The female almost battered the male to death) I've had to seperate them and re introduce them and 2 nights ago they spawned right in front of my eyes :o tonight I have hundreds and hundreds of wigglers..(dad's just crackin' 'em right open...

Well, i've told myself i won't seperate the parents this time.. (unless I catch them eating the fry/wigglers) because I want to see if they will raise them...

Well discus here I come!!

i'm just so happy and proud, sorry to bore you!

--Ian

Carol_Roberts
07-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Congratulations Ian :thumbsup:

It is so exciting to have your first fish babies. These will be good practise for the discus babies soon to come.

remikz
07-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Thanks Carol, though it will be a long time till I get room for more discus. :(

But I definateley will one day!

AndyL
07-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Got any pictures? I don't think I've seen Czech blue rams. I would assume their similar to german blue rams, but...

Congratz on the spawn! Now the fun of learning how to keep them alive begins.

Andy

remikz
07-15-2003, 06:34 PM
I don't think Czech Rams differ much from regular German blue rams, they are just from Czech Rep, and are a little hardier than the asian rams

remikz
07-15-2003, 06:37 PM
Oh, and they're all freeswimming now.. I think I got 100% Hatchrate out of them, apart from one unfertilized egg that the male couldn't understand why it wouldn't hatch out when he tried to crack it open! ;D

The Male has been beating the female up really badly tonight though and I have nowhere to move her to, hope it's ok.

--Ian

Carol_Roberts
07-15-2003, 06:45 PM
Get a tank divider or make one out of egg crate plastic used for flourescent lights covers

remikz
07-16-2003, 02:05 PM
Thanks carol, it was too late for that last night... I had nothing to divide them with. I moved the female out for a while and then back in (crazy i know) but it worked.. She was stressed enough to Hide from the male all night and this morning they were back together again herding their flock.

--Ian