PDA

View Full Version : My Discus Died ……

EIHAB83
07-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Today is the worst for me …. While I was in my fist day at work I received a phone call from my house and they told me one of the Discus is dead!!!! I nearly cried ….. it's really sad I don't know why this happend…. I did regular WCs no over feed the bottom of the tank is always clean …. What went wrong ?? when its died it's turned to a very dark blue/black and after an hour or so the color turned back to the way it was (they put it in small water container for me to see it) so now what shall I do for his partner shall leave it alone or put with the 4" I will get soon ….. I hope what happened will not happen again .... the thing is I expected them to spawn soon they used to clean on the same spot but..... what can I do :'(

barron
07-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Hi

Sorry for your loss.

Do not put the Discus with another fish, leave her by herself

for at least 30 days. She may be sick also, watch her closely for any abnormal behavior.

As for the color changes, that is part of Rid, blood is let out

and then reabsorbed back slowly by cell tissue.

If pooled in one area, more then in other spots that is the

point of trauma.

May have spooked and ran into wall.

However be safe an keep her by herself

Sorry Barron :'(

Carol_Roberts
07-13-2003, 12:36 AM
How disappointing :'(

Sometimes they die and we never figure out why . . . As Barron said it could be something as simple as crashing into the lid . . . . how is the other discus doing?

angel12
07-13-2003, 04:07 AM
what an absoloute Bummer m8 :'( its always dissapointing when you lose fish but when it comes to Discus becuase they are such unique and Characterisitc fish and due to the amount of time and care and effort you put into keeping them they become part of the family... Each day brings a new expression or facet to there amazing characters (I know im sad but I prefer to watch them rather than T.V)

as for your loss maybe a stray voltage they were spooked Im presuming all your water perams were OK .. I recently had a friend who lost All his fish this guy had kept Discus for many many Years you know what he did .... he filled the water in his tanks to high one day and suffocated his stock by not allowing enough space between the lid and water level ... :'( :'(

I hope that this event has not detered you from keeping these uniqe Fish.. You must try to get over it and do the very very best you can for the remaining Discus after all he/she deserves it and there loss will be just as great if not more ... Good Luck bud and dont be to hard on yourself tomorrow is a different day

:)

BlueBull
07-13-2003, 09:37 AM
:'(

My heartfelt condolences to you, fellow Discus lover...

I have lost 4 Discus since I started keeping Discus 10 months ago...

Really painful each time.

One of which was also a partner of a pair that showed signs of spawning....

:'(

EIHAB83
07-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Hi Dear friends .... Thank you very much all for your kind words and care .... I will get over it .... and I will never give up discus :)
have a good day you all many thanks