PDA

View Full Version : Fishboy's 20 gallon planted

fishboy
07-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Here is my 20 gallon planted. I know it needs some work and a nice piece of wood to accent it but right now it is the best i can do. I plan to soon get a small 6-9 inch piece of wood and maybe attach some anubias to it. Then i will add some more dwarf sag, because the glosso didnt work out. It just wouldnt stay planted. Probably because i have a large gravel gradient...

Anyway the specs.
20 gallon high All Glass tank

Filtration:
Aquaclear mini
Aquaclear 150

Heating:
Ebojager 100 watt heater

Substrate:
15 lbs flourite
15 lbs black gravel

Lighting:
55 watt All Glass PC
30 watt All Glass twin tube flourescent

C02:
Nutrafin Natural Grow Plant system

Fertilizers:
Every week or so I dose with seachem iron, potassium, and trace minerals

Plants:
Cabomba caroliniana
Myrio Filigree(Myriophyllum simulans)
Water wisteria(Hygrophila difformis)
Rotala Indica (Rotala rotundfolia)
Amazon Sword (Amazonicus spp?) Kibd of a mysterty
Melon Sword
Jungle Val (Vallizneria americana)
Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides)
Dwarf Sag(Sagittaria subulata)
Cryptocryne wenditi( Cryptocoryne wendtii)
Cryptocryne Becketti (Cryptocoryne becketti)
Hygrophila Polysperma
Java fern

Fish
1 4.5 inch Cobalt blue discus
Pair of Cockatoo cichlids
2 ottocinclus

I will add more fish later but i want to wait until after the aca so i have space if i buy anything from it.

Anyway here it is and if you read that all you are truly amazing. I know it isnt very good but still im trying lol. This is an older pic and im going to try to get a recent one soon. THe wood is on order and i want to wait until i get the dwarf sag to grow in some more. BTW thanks Biotypical :)

BlueDolphin055
07-29-2003, 09:49 PM
What's your name? Your tank is nice, and you should be proud, but maybe I should tell you that it may not be the perfect Discus setup. For one, a 20 gallon is kind of small, but at least it is high. Second, Discus do much better in groups than just one single Discus, trust me I know, I've done that before. My suggestion is keep that 20 a plant tank for other fish, but maybe give the Discus at least a 29. Keep it up though :)

fishboy
09-10-2003, 10:56 PM
Ahh this is an old post but i might as well reply. The discus is now residing in a 55 gallon barebottom with around 10 other fish, 95% water changes, and almost constant feeding The 20 gallon was only temporary. ;) BTW my name is Daniel :)

Abercrombie6202
09-11-2003, 03:14 PM
You still have this setup? Hey your my friend!! You still use the same name from Myfishtank.net? I didn't know that!!

fishboy
09-11-2003, 09:57 PM
;D Still set up actually. I will try to get updated pics up by friday or saturday.