PDA

View Full Version : JimmyL-Rolling Stones Concert?

goldengatediscus
07-30-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey Jimmy or any others in Toronto:
Were you amongst the 500,000 people that rocked with Mick Jagger, Dan Akroyd, Jim Belushi and others?! :)
It sounds like it was aLOT of fun!
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030730/168/4u8zh.html
Brigitte

darcy
07-31-2003, 12:17 AM
I wasn't there but watched all of it on TV!!! Well not all just the good stuff Stones and AC DC!!!!!

I seen the Stones live in Edmonton!!!

Darcy

07-31-2003, 02:12 PM
I was invited and given a free ticket for the concert yesterday through the Courtesy of our Government to thank the front line health workers on battling the SARS epidemic. It was a great concert comparable to Woodstock. The Newspaper call it Sarstock. It was very greatful for the Stones to put a break on their Europeon tour to come to Toronto bringing along several tons of equipment on their own plane for an hour concert. They sung 14 of our favorite songs. A good lifelong experience. I was in Woodstock 1970 or 71. (I forgot) as one of the hippies and last evening was my kind of music with AC DC, Rush, The Guess who and 15 other groups. Continuous music for 11 hours. A well behave crowd. Close to 10,000 American and people came as far as England and Germany. Towards the end. We all spoke the same language. With the smell of Weeds in the air which is legal in Canada, people start taking their clothes off just before the night falls. I kept mine on cause I didn't want to show my fat belly. Not like the good old days. It sure brought back the old memories "when I was young". Too bad the Animals were not there.
Jimmy

discuskrib
08-02-2003, 01:26 PM
for the $10 million the newspapers reported the Stones were getting (in addition to the $$$s for the other groups) who would not have played at Sarstock?

JimmyL - just to clarify one point you made. weed is not legal in Canada yet. it has just been decriminalized. this means you can still get a ticket for simple possesion but not go to jail. like a speeding, smoking weed is still against the law.

Dave

jeep
08-04-2003, 10:05 AM
The first time I saw the stones was in 81'. It was supposed to be their last tour because people said they were getting too old.

Lol... I've seen them 4 times since then.

Great show!

Smokey
08-09-2003, 11:45 PM
D.K. ... thanks for the update on the crimal code act!!!

Jim -- the dust only settles on those that do not move !

TV is not reality ....

Well, not for the real people.

Smokey
08-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Sorry just had a vision/flashback -- Hey - thanks for sharing the pipe; Jim.

Woodstock - 1997.

Jimmy[; ruled,] Hendrix, that is.

Still a Dead Head - - period !!!

Smokey