PDA

View Full Version : breeders orlando, titusville area florida

ellie
07-31-2003, 01:18 AM
Any breeders in my area? thanks

thirston
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Don't know about the breeders but there are certainly a few hobbiests in the area, myself included. Roger, who posts on this board under the name "Roger" (go figure) may be able to point you in the direction of a nearby breeder or two and there are some nice places down south if you don't mind the drive (Gabe at Wattleys and Alberto from Aquatechnic). Good luck.

-Andrew

ellie
07-31-2003, 08:03 PM
thanks, i would like to buy from a local breeder. by the way i breed ifga fancy guppies and cory's.

Smokeman
08-01-2003, 10:54 PM
Just beginning with discus and live in Brevard County....also looking for some local breeders and hobbyists. Don't really want to go the mail order route and can never find the time to make the drive to Miami!!!

ellie
08-02-2003, 01:17 AM
I have had some bad luck in getting discus mailed to me.
Do not want to get into details. But one person was kinda local and would not let me pick up fish, all fish doa, or on there way out. lived only 40 miles away. Got some others last week, well they are not to healthy either.
spent $$$. Better to find a local person and that is what I same as u are looking for.

bryalk1
08-02-2003, 07:10 AM
hi, i too have had some bad luck with shipments but there are some reputable sellers. just check the site for feedback. cary as great lakes discus, joe at enchanted discus, jeff at discus farms and there are others. if you don't mind aveling alittle. brian at clearwater discus clearwater florida7274462293, aubry is a fishfarmer who has started importing and has bred discus past 4079571888. or try whatleys in miami. there are several hoobiests who will sell occassionally. good luck bryant

Smokeman
08-03-2003, 12:23 AM
There are 2 lfs in Melbourne who carry discus.....both Nahackys and Causeway Pet Center have a few. Kinda unsure about purchasing from a lfs that doesn't specialize in them...however they all looked healthy and bright eyed and good body shape the last time I was in those stores.

ellie
08-03-2003, 12:46 AM
There is a pet shop in titusville that carry discus was there today to get fish meds. and parrot stuff. fish looked good, but for one which i saw was being picked on. smaller and on the slim side.
in any case i think it is a blue dia. felt sorry for it got it REAL cheap, and is now in a quarenten tank. i know i should not have brought the fish home. will try to fatten it up and treat for anything it might have. other than being a bit slim looks ok other fish did not let it eat. and if does have something will make precautions as to not spread anything in my other tanks.
ellie
ps this is the first time i bought a fish from a pet shop, i aways buy from breeders. but then again u still are not sure fish are ok, health probelms from discus from calif and 40 miles away from me.
the 40 miles away fish did not let me come to there fishroom to pick up fish. beware if a so called breeder doses not let u pick up stay away.

bryalk1
08-03-2003, 10:00 PM
hi, let me guess, daytona beach and they're a business and don't allow the public in. i checked on them and they have a horrible rep. email if you want specifics but suffice it to say yours was typical not unusual for an experience. even the best breeders have problems but will help you through them. use the forums. the people have alot more experience than i and share willingly. good luck
bryant

Dkarc@Aol.com
08-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Hi,
We are a discus breeder just starting out in Clermont FL (15 miles west of Orlando). You can come by any time, just call first to make an appointment. right now we only have a few pairs a Wattley Red turks. We are getting some other colors in the very near future. We have some babies in stock, but not many, and they're only about 1.5-2 in. LMK

-Ryan

Smokeman
08-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Just picked up 2 Pigeon Bloods from lfs in Palm Bay.....very knowledgeable person there on discus...believe his name is Matt.....reasonable price on discus, nice and healthy, good red eyes, and they eat like pigs!!!! Very satisfied so far after first week...they are supposed to be receiving some wilds this week. You may wish to check them out......Trident Pets on Babcock Street in Palm Bay. :thumbsup: ;D ;D