PDA

View Full Version : Save Terri Schindler-Schiavo

Mrgij01
08-01-2003, 11:46 AM
I know this has nothing to do with Discus, and it may be deleted, but at least we have the opportunity to enjoy ourselves in this way.

To Whom it may concern,

I am sending this out to alert people about a very REAL case in Florida concerning a woman, Terri Schindler-Schiavo, who is scheduled to be starved to death by the removal of her feeding tube. She is on no artificial life support.
What makes this case unique is the fact that her family is fighting to save her, while her husband is intent on killing her.
All I ask is that you go to the families website, www.terrisfight.org and view some of the video taken of Terri at the hospital. I am sure you will be shocked and outraged that the Florida courts have not stepped in to stop the death through starvation of this woman.

If you are touched in the same way I was by this case, please find the petition to Governor Jeb Bush of Florida on the families website or go to http://www.zimp.org/pet.html and sign and submit yourself on Terri's behalf.

We are better than this folks, life is precious, and this family is about to loose their loved one because of a cold system that is loosing its respect for human life. After watching the video clips on the families website, ask yourself, what if this was you or someone you loved?

Here is a portion of the information I got from the families website:

---> Terri was 26 years old when she suffered brain damage from a sudden collapse. Terri receives her food and water by means of a feeding tube. Terri’s other bodily functions are physically stable. Terri smiles, laughs and cries. Terri recognizes voices and responds. At times, she vocalizes sounds, trying in her best way to speak. Terri is not a brain dead vegetable as characterized by her husband and legal guardian, Michael Schiavo nor a houseplant as implied by his attorney. Terri is not on a respirator or any artificial life support. She is a living human being and needs to be granted an opportunity to recover. Terri has not had any progressive rehabilitation or arousal therapy in more than ten years.

In a trial initiated by Michael Schiavo, Circuit Court Judge, George W. Greer, issued a verdict delivered on February 11, 2000. Judge Greer granted authorization to discontinue Terri’s feeding tube. Judge Greer’s verdict will cause Terri to die in 10 to 14 days. Terri’s death will be by painful starvation.<----

Gabriel Johnson

brewmaster15
08-01-2003, 01:15 PM
Thats unbelievable.

That woman looks responsive to me in those clips.

I wonder how much of this has to do with this...

http://www.terrisfight.org/Headlines/Fund.htm

-al

discuskrib
08-02-2003, 01:17 PM
those video clips didn't say when they were taken. for all we know they could have been taken 10 or more years ago.

i think it's sad to see someone forced to live like that. to me, that is what is really cruel.

nalah
08-06-2003, 07:30 AM
it would be interesting to find out what CAUSED her collapse in the first place.

08-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Would anyone want to spend the rest of their lives like that?

Personally, I'd rather have gone down in whatever caused that.

Just because your alive does NOT mean there is quality of life.

ronrca
08-26-2003, 10:41 AM
What I cant believe is that they would let her starve to death! What a miserble method! We all know that there are more 'humane' perhaps ways that would be 'less' painful.

The other issue is how and what do we as society value life! Very sad indeed! :(

Smokey
10-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Life is only worth a value ... when someone else determines it's value/worth!

Not before , not after.

Smokey