PDA

View Full Version : Geo Liquid

Mistakes R Crucial
08-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Geo Liquid hit the market in Australia a while ago. Apparently a best seller in Japan. Does anyone use it? If so what do you think of it?

Carol_Roberts
08-08-2003, 02:07 PM
I don'tknow what it is

angel12
08-08-2003, 02:15 PM
http://www.users.bigpond.com/calvus/html/geo_liquid.html

100 % natural and safe.

Creates ideal water conditons.

Complete all in one water treatment.

Eliminates need for chemicals

similar me thinks to Biospira and other new tank treatments ...?

:)

Carol_Roberts
08-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Personally I don't add anything to established tanks . . . .except aged water.

lesley
08-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Hello Mistakes R Crucial,

I used this product a while ago. I Initially bought it when I first got the discus and was told (by an LFS) that it was a god product to use and that they used it for their discus.

I asked someone who I regard as very knowledgeable about discus, could he tell me what he thought. He went to the Japanese site (luckily he can read japanese) and told me that in his opinion it seems to be one of those "enzyme and biofilter bacteria" products with "ammonia binders / converters and heavy metal binders / removers". Give it a try?... worst that would happen is that you end up doing 2 45% water changes in one day.

I didn't use it at the beginning but a month or so ago when I was having problems with an improperly cycled tank, I used it. It didn't help with the ammonia problems (or at least not noticeably) but I thought that the fish looked just a little bit "happier" when I used it. Once the tank settled down and I had finished the bottle, I stopped using it. If it was cheaper I might have kept going with it, although I'm a bit along the lines of Carol and don't add things.

Hope this helps you.

lesley
08-08-2003, 07:22 PM
oops, should ALWAYS check your spelling!!!!

might just add one thing, pretty much the motto of the govt. regulator I work for is "if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is"

Mistakes R Crucial
08-09-2003, 12:36 AM
I have a bottle now just to try but at $15 a hit and a 180 gallon tank it's a bit rich for my blood. It most certainly hasn't done any damage and the water, for a day, looked like I had a micro filter on it but thats about it.

Great marketing though! I think I'll stick to my aged water, Prime and some elbow grease.

NB

yippy
08-10-2003, 08:23 AM
ive used it for 2 years. Its great i reckon. i use the one for discus in my discus tank, the tropical fish version for my red devil, and the betta version for my bettas. theres fish shops here that use it in all their tanks. Theres also versions for african cichlid, koi & goldfish, marine fish , even aquarium plants - i think theres others but i dont know them all offhand. I gave some to my brother in law for his marine fish, he wouldnt use it for ages, but once he tried it hes never used anything else. Plus its all natural, no chemicals. I met a guy who used to be a rep for Flex (the company that makes it) and he said you can drink the stuff if you want. ive never tried drinking it myself, but it keeps my water good!! ;) I have emailed the brochure to a couple of people on here, i scanned it a while back. I never use anything else, i even converted my friends husband over to it, he uses it in his outdoor pond as well. You can throw the bottle in and it wont hurt the fish. The only problem with it is if you are medicating you cant use it as gets rid of the meds. Also it makes the water go cloudy for a while, but mine clears within an hour - if you add it to dirty water it can stay clouded for hours, but its like other water clearers, once its done the job you wouldnt know you had water in the tank its comes up so clear. keep us posted how you like the stuff.

Yippy

Mistakes R Crucial
08-10-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback Yippy!

I did notice (as my last post says) that the water was so clear but my problem is the cost and whether it (or anything like it) is needed at all with Discus as we all change water so frequently. I now have 6 tanks and change approx 40% every other day so that's one hell of a lot of Geo Liquid.

Personally, I'd rather buy 2 show quality Discus one month, leave it for 2 months and then buy another tank to put them in. That's the sort of cost we're talking about if you have a few tanks.

However, thats just my opinion, others may think very differently. Give me a shout the next time you are up the coast, would be lovely to meet you.
NB
NB

yippy
08-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Hi again, well 1 bottle does 1800 litres, so its a bit expensive when you do lots of w/c and have a few big tanks. I only do one w/c a week on my bettas and red devil tanks so its ok for them. i dont mind paying for it for the discus, our dam is only half full here at the moment, and the water quality isnt too good. if you hunt around you can get it cheaper - only a couple of dollars, but a saving! i was lucky that a lfs was closing down so i bought about 20 bottles of the discus variety for what the owner paid for it. next time im up your way ill give you a holler!
Kerry :)