PDA

View Full Version : Deletion of Posts

angel12
08-12-2003, 09:42 AM
why cant we delete our own posts when we have the answers to our questions ... if we were able to delete our own posts then we could free up bandwidth and Database space ... a bit of Housekeeping will Go a long way

When I try to delete the first thread I get a message saying I have to contact an admin or mod .....

brewmaster15
08-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Hi Dave,
once you make a post, others respond to it. If you had the ability to delete that post... you basically have the ability to delete their posts as well.

You have the ability to edit out your comments but the posts that gave you your answers are best left for others to learn by, and contribute to.

hth,
al

discuskrib
08-29-2003, 02:54 AM
Al - on a related note if you would like some bandwidth and database space freed up i'd be willing to help by going through old posts (more than a month old) and delete the comments like "good job!", "congratulations!", "ditto", etc. if you want to give me the powers. anything else that you deem ok to delete just let me know.

brewmaster15
08-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys,
but at this point Simply is not in a bandwidth /space crisis. What we will probably do is delete posts based their length of time on the board. But that will be as we need it.At this point we are okay. :)

-al