PDA

View Full Version : ICQ

Kagan
08-19-2003, 06:46 PM
hi everyone,

can you connect to ICQ?? mine cannot connect and gives the error 0404 message. I have tried everything but couldnt solve it. I heard that some other people have this problem and I wonder if someone here knows the solution? or have this problem?? thanks in advance..

oodi
08-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi Kagan,

I have not had the problem recently, although it has happened before. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is... there might be a problem with your ISP's server connecting to the ICQ server for some reason. If that is the case, not much you can do about it.

You might try uninstalling ICQ, and reinstalling ICQ.... that may or may not help.

Judi
:)

oodi
08-19-2003, 06:53 PM
Kagan,

Just had another thought... what version of ICQ are you using? If it's an older version, you may need to upgrade.

Judi

discuskrib
08-20-2003, 03:10 AM
Judi's right about the older versions. i heard they stopped allowing those versions because they didn't support the advertising. too bad. i liked the '97 and '98 versions. they were much quicker to load without all the extras that i never use anyway and it didn't slow the computer down with loading advertising constantly.

Kagan
08-20-2003, 01:49 PM
hi there,

thanks for the replies. From what I found it is because of ICQ has banned some IPs. So people are suffering on logging. But I have contacted my ISP and solved the problem, I guess.. It seems like I am online for now..

oodi
08-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Wow, Kagan...

Thanks for the info... did they tell you why they were banning the IP's?

Judi

Kagan
08-21-2003, 05:12 AM
Hi Judi

I am not sure about the reason. Thats what I got from the ISP.. But I have read about some idiots have gone too far in the ICQ, ICQ realized these so on so on... But I really do not know for sure.. Take care...

Kagan