PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this would work?

luke_potts
08-22-2003, 06:07 AM
Hi all,
thought i would put this up for discussion. Do you think it will work of not?
what sort of systems does everyone else have in place?

Cheers
Luke

barron
08-22-2003, 06:45 AM
Hi

Why two tanks, heaters, airstones?

One tank should work,

I never came up with a cheap why to de-chlorinate.
Can only think of a dosing pump timed with the float.

I like a drip with an overflow. Seems alot easier.

This would require you to dose the tank whenever you need to fill it. Hence a 200 gal. storage tank used to add 50 gallons a day to tanks would need filling and dosing every four days. Fill and forget it. And if the storage is higher then tanks no need for a pump. And heaters really are not needed here. Maybe an air stone.

Cheap and mech. free of break downs.

Barron :)

Jason
08-22-2003, 10:27 PM
if that pump only pumps 15lph, and Its not a typo.

what I beleive he is trying to do is age water in the first tank and have it migrate to the second tank, when it gets to second tank hopefully its heated, stabilized, and outgassed. then it gets pumped to driplines.???

discuskrib
08-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Jason, - i think it said 15 liters per minute not per hour.

i'd still lose the heater and airstone in the first section. if the water is going to sit in either of these areas before going into the aquarium for 12 hours or more i wouldn't even worry about dechlorinating.

Emanuel
08-22-2003, 11:50 PM
I think danDman's setup is very similar (2 connected 55g drums and a shutoff valve). You may want to email him for details or pictures.

Jason
08-22-2003, 11:53 PM
hehe sorry my mistake, I'm half retarded sometimes :P

luke_potts
08-23-2003, 02:08 AM
Hi guys,

ill explain a few things first
1. the reason i am usin two barrells instead of one larger one is because space is a little tight, and this set up is at work and if its outa sight its outa the boss' mind
2. the power head will pump about 32-40l/minute, but i have it regulated DOWN because o have juvies in there atm and i just dont want too much current.
3. i can declorinate / degas and have the water ready for use in about 4 hours, so if i give it 6 im sure to be fine with the w/c's

thanks for the imput guys. more would be great

cheer
luke

mench
08-23-2003, 08:29 AM
Luke I use the same setup..2-55gal. plastic durms connected,with heater and airstone.I have my r/o water run into tanks also.Water sits for a day and I use it for the w/c's. I have used this type of set up for yrs with no problems.

Mench