PDA

View Full Version : Fry vs Discus

mmerlina
08-23-2003, 03:28 AM
Okay I wasn't sure if this is a question for the beginner forum or the general discussion one, so I'm taking my chances here.

Okay.. question: What exactly determines fry from discus? Like is there something that happens to the fry that one day magically deems them discus?

A certain age? Coloration?

Thanks! This is just basically pure curiousity. ;)

Michael

Divantie
08-23-2003, 04:03 AM
Fry is use to descrive baby fish,
etc.
Kitten = Cat
Puppy = Dog
As for age it all depend on the person, I still call my 5 years old chihuahua "PUPPY" ;D

April
08-23-2003, 08:56 AM
ok heres my take on it....
it goes eggs, wigglers, free swimmers/ fry. then when they get to be about 2 inch....they think their big boys and girls then you have to start calling them juveniles.
or..breeders would refer to them as 1 inch pieces or 2 inch pieces. now i refuse to call my fishies pieces. lol. guess if i was buying a tank full..though id be buying 150 pieces.
remember..this is just my take on it. someone else might have a different idea of when they change from fry to juveniles. or to a 2 inch discus. etc etc.

Carol_Roberts
08-23-2003, 12:31 PM
You may get a lot of different answers on this. I think of them as juveniles when they become round like discus instead of long like most other fish.

skinnyghm
09-09-2003, 03:21 PM
thx guys i was wondering the same thing on another post
great information