PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Forum

Kenny
08-29-2003, 03:20 PM
Hi Folks,

My names Kenny, 27, live in Scotland.
Just started keeping Discus 4 weeks ago, but been keeping fish for a little longer.
Current discus tank is 180ltr Juwel Bow front, internal juwel filter and additional Ehiem filter, 15% water changes every 2-3 days.
Current inhabitants are 2 Red Turquoise (4") and 3 Red Eagles (2") along with some dither fish. This is a my display tank so it is planted a little and has a sand substrate.
Been lurking on your boards for 2 months now and thought that it was about time I joined.
Hope to speak to you all soon

Cheers

Kenny

Mike_T
08-29-2003, 04:08 PM
hey! bout time. i'm just coming back around too, after some discus down time(which i didn't really want). you have any pics of your setup you can post?

-mike 8)

April
08-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Hi Kenny and welcome.:wave: glad you joined and posted.
we have a few from scotland.but not many. need more. : ) :thumbsup:
ok .well keep posting and keep reading . 8) ;D

Carol_Roberts
08-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Hi Kenny:
I hear you have good discus water in Scotland.

Kenny
08-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Yeah, got some not bad images, just need to figure out how to post them here, not the most pc literate ;D

Water in my area is quite soft, both KH & GH at the 3° mark, PH is the only thing thats a little off, sitting bang on neutral, but only intend changing that if I think it may be causing stunting or if I'm luck enough to get a breeding pair

Cheers

Kenny

April
08-30-2003, 09:22 PM
sounds good to me. no reason to change your ph. stable is best. some even raise fish in the 8's for ph.
if you have your pics on your harddrive. its exactly like adding an attachment on your email.
go to below where it says attach. click your cursor. then click browse. find your pic and click attach. easy as pie.
if its too big it will tellyou. then you need to resize.
if so..someone on here can help you with that.

Ardan
09-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Welcome!
Sounds like great water :)
Glad you joined us. 8)