PDA

View Full Version : Eggs in a com tank....

slicksta
08-31-2003, 09:41 AM
Well this I can't believe......I have two exhibitionist getting frisky in my show tank.....
..and in front of the tetras.. :shocked:...have they no shame......
what will the Angels think.
well I don't think they have a chance.....but it's interesting to watch them guard the eggs......
..especially at feeding time as they take turns guarding and eating.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/17593egg.jpg http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/17593mom.jpg

These guys are going to force me to get a 30g breeder

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/17593com.JPG

OEG
08-31-2003, 10:30 AM
Mr. Slicksta,
Good to see you on here again and with good news, hope those guys get some wigglers for you. Good to see you buddy.
Oscar

Jason
08-31-2003, 10:44 AM
your tanks always look so nice, love the rummy-noses

EIHAB83
08-31-2003, 07:53 PM
Happy for you .... If I was in your place I would put this pair in a tank of their own for future spawns .... best of luck

slicksta
08-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Hey Oscar....what's goin' on man......I've been crazy busy since I started my new job in January....as a matter of fact I got a call a few minutes after posting this morning and I had to go in for a few hours.....nice to see you out there....
thanks Jason.... I like putting the work in to it.....The discus are beautiful....but the rummies and cards make the tank.....
EIHAB83....it's a thought.....but fun tickets are running low lately.....there going to have to stick it out till after the holidays.....I've got plans for a 92g corner.....
also been thinking of loosing the Africans in my 72g and doing more discus....but I have a upsidedown cat in there that I have had for years and he is awsome...just cant part with'm

slicksta
09-21-2003, 10:45 AM
....there at it again...
the photo is not that good because it is actually a reflection. They laid there eggs on the backside of the driftwood and the back of the tank is mirrored.....
These two are going to force me to get another tank!!!

korbi_doc
09-21-2003, 12:11 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: You're gettin' hooked big time!! Just been there, dun that, hahahaha!! First you get the breeder tank, then what?? You have a brood in there for 3 wks, then you need ANOTHER tank for growouts!!! It's a never-ending scenario!! Have fun, nice fish, wish you luck! My brood is now 14 wks & growin' well, but then one needs to find them another place in the big pic!! hahahahahha!! ;D ;D ;D ;D lol, Dottie p.s. baby pics next

slicksta
09-23-2003, 05:25 AM
I know.....I hadn't planned on breeding.......and I never thought it would happen in a com tank.....must be the gravel & weekly WC..... ;D
They do have me thinking of where I can squeeze in another tank....If I did get a minimum of 55g tank....could I not use this for breeding and then grow out.....two more tanks will never happen....but 1 more may....
I guess I really don't need a sofa AND love seat.....

DarkDiscus
09-23-2003, 11:18 AM
Slick,

Congratulations! Looks like a happy bunch of fish - and the eggs prove it. Good luck with the new tank that I know you will soon be buying!

John

crazy4discus
09-23-2003, 03:48 PM
nice pair and tank