PDA

View Full Version : Wild update

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Thought I would give you an up date on my wilds. They have all been doing great. I treated once with Metro for Hex, and the Novo Olinda had fungus a month ago...but they have all been really great.

I think they are all growing and colouring up nicely.

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 11:01 PM
another pic...

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Oh, dont look at the ugly pigeon, he is such a pig, he probably wanted to eat the camera...

daninthesand
09-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Those are very nice indeed. I especially love the heckels. Good Job!

Daniel

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 11:07 PM
another...

daninthesand
09-17-2003, 11:08 PM
oooh :oa heckel hybrid...I love it! keep 'em coming.

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Damn, there is that ugly pigeon again, Rio Yuckiero...

I am also really getting into stingrays, I was aclimatizing this one yesterday, in his tupperware container...potamotrygon motoro....I call him.........Raymond.

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 11:14 PM
I have a growing passion for stingrays....they are kind of like,

vertically challenged Discus ::)

daninthesand
09-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Great! ::) stingrays now. Where will it end. I think I hear a new forum coming...simplystingrays! I always wanted stingrays. Everytime I see one I want some. So when they get sick, do they swim straight up and down instead of lying on the bottom? ;D

Tristanyyz
09-17-2003, 11:42 PM
:D

Dan I loved your wilds aswell! That was such a big shipment of wilds...sooo nice...But do you live in Arizona? You should use more water....(cactus squeezer!)

Actually sick stingrays usually curl up at the edges and resemble a saucer...they are very fragile beasts actually....

www.stingraycit-ay.com

Not nearly as big as simplydiscus unfortunately.

www.preditoryfish.com

Big, but more about cats, and the stingrays have a corner section.
M

aloha_discus
09-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Aloha, I too love the Heckels and the other wilds. I currently have two Heckels and hope to get more in the future. I got the two that I have from a lfs on their last leg. I have gotten them to fatten up and are now doing grest.

As fro the pidgeon, even the ugly ones need love. ;D

Mahalo for sharing your discus with us.

Aloha, Ike

Tristanyyz
09-18-2003, 09:42 AM
You know how it is...when you first start with discus you buy everything you see, just to stock up. You have a 150 gallon tank, you throw 10 little things in there, you dont see them unless you climb into the tank with them.

Now that my space is limited I will be gradually getting excellent quality discus, 2 at a time, mainly curipera, Novo Olinda, maybe some Jatapu...im not that crazy about greens or tefe! I will introduce them gradually, and slowly start to give away some of the "spontaneous" purchases to beginners in the local area.

Who knows I may even keep that red pigeon, I kind of like him.

I am glad to hear your heckels are fat and healthy! And thank you for your input!
M

Mattzilla
09-19-2003, 10:27 PM
you wilds are amazing!!!
i love their colurs and patterns

keep up the good work!

matt

Tristanyyz
09-19-2003, 10:52 PM
:thumbsup:

Thanks Matt!
M

ping
09-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Wow, love your discus .. especially your heckels.
Very nice. Thanks for showing us. :)

Regards,
Ronny

Tristanyyz
09-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Well thanks very much!

You didnt like my pepper pigeon? LOL

I will take better pictures of my curipera and novo olinda next time. They look especially good around 2pm in the afternoon, I dont know why, but they really get vivid around then.
M

ping
09-21-2003, 01:01 PM
LOL your pepper pigeon . Sorrie did not see him. :P
Tell him not to stand next to heckels next time. LOL
Very hard to notice him ;)

;D Nah, your pepper pigeon is nice. Just that i have too many of those type now.
I need something different for my eyes. Simple and elegant, wild discus.

Well, those wilds are way too expensive for me (i am under student's budget). ;D
So please post more pictures, let me dream about them. :) ;)

Regards,
Ronny