PDA

View Full Version : New member

cd1000
09-22-2003, 03:55 AM
Hi all,

my name’s Tobias, I’m from Sweden and I have enjoyed aquaria for the majority of my life. I’ve always been interested in South American cichlids and although their appearance is fascinating, it is their behavior that has always captivated me the most. I kept dwarf cichlids and I am still very fond of them. Didn’t take long before the bigger tanks were occupied by either discus or Uaru, though.

For the past few years I have resided in Tempe, AZ where I am attending Arizona State, majoring in Information Systems and Supply Chain Management. Due to work restrictions, I go home to Sweden each summer in order to work and save some money. More importantly, I get to meet with family. The drawback is that I’m gone for up three months at a time so I have opted to not keep any tanks. To compensate for this I buy aquarium books instead.

Can’t wait to get out of school, have visa issues settled (either way), so that I can acquire some tanks again. Luckily, my fiancé agrees to multiple discus tanks one condition and that being that we also have a fair sized Uaru tank.

I’m glad to have found this forum, as it possesses a wealth of knowledge. It is quite a daunting task to browse through all the threads, but I’m on my way.

Thanks!
-Tobias

Barb Newell
09-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Hi Tobias :wave:, welcome to Simply! You've found a great forum to be a part of, great people!

Barb :)

Ardan
09-28-2003, 08:46 AM
Welcome Tobias! Good to have you here.

Study hard, finish school, and then.......get those fish! ;D
Glad your fiance' likes them too! 8)

April
09-28-2003, 06:14 PM
welcome :wave:
glad to have you aboard. eventually after you read through alot..you can just keep up with reading the newer posts each day.
too bad you cant have any now....know anyone in your area there who has discus?
check the locator section. maybe you can go see a discus hatchery. or spend some time there helping....or convince them you will grow some out for them. or..why not get some tiny ones and grow them to a bit bigger..sell them.and start the next batch. fun growing youngsters out. ok shouldnt encourage you..your showing fantastic and amazing will power!!! im also glad to hear you have a fiance who loves fish. lucky guy!!

FischAutoTechGarten
09-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Welcome Tobias.
I always appreciate it when new users take the time to introduce themselves. Excellent that your fiance agrees to Discus and Uarus.