PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp

Justin_NY
09-28-2003, 04:53 PM
i just start noticing white little thing looks like a white tiny worm crawling on the glass. what is this?
s this dangerous for my fish? please tell me how to get rid of them/

Abercrombie6202
09-28-2003, 05:27 PM
I asked about those at my lFS and they said it's a parasite that only affects plants. I hope so because i have seen one in my tank, but all my fish are fine, so i'm guessing they don't hurt fish.

RyanH
09-28-2003, 10:25 PM
They could be Planaria or another type of worm. Their presence is often indicative of overfeeding or undercleaning.

Nightowl
09-28-2003, 10:44 PM
I agree ....they seem to be the result of excess organic matter in the tank. Had some growing in a 75g. recently. I found that they stayed near the surface mostly so during w/c I cleaned inside glass w/ paper towel, removing many of them. I also added another filter. Formalin can be used if necessary, followed by a w/c., but cutting back food a bit helps as well. J.T.

ronrca
09-29-2003, 10:23 AM
I had the same creatures in my tank when I was feeding quite heavily. I cut back on the amout of my feeding and the things disappeared. I assumed that they were feeding off the uneaten food that the fish could not eat. They do not affect fish or plants. ;)