PDA

View Full Version : lowering ph ,kh ,and gh??????

knewby
09-28-2003, 09:12 PM
Can you please tell me how to lower my tapwater's ph, kh ,and gh without all of the very expensive equipment. :)

RyanH
09-28-2003, 10:14 PM
What are your water parameters now? Why do you want to lower them? Are intending to breed your Discus? If not, I wouldn't worry about them.

ronrca
09-29-2003, 10:13 AM
I agree with Ryan! You may not have to change your water parameters at all to grow and keep discus. My tap water parameters are 7.8ph, 160kh/gh! I do not bother with attempting to alter the chemistry. The only time I change water parameters is when breeding. I do this by using an RO filter.

without all of the very expensive equipment. What is considered "expensive"? Check with Randal about the cost of getting a RO filter for a good price. You never know! You may be able to afford it after all. ;)

knewby
09-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Ph= 7.2
Gh= 200
Kh= 200

i've done some research on the RO filters and found them at a reasonable price of 50. But just in case i do decide to breed my discus, how will i get those levels down?

Carol_Roberts
09-29-2003, 10:55 PM
When you are ready to breed you may need to buy an RO to reduce the GH. Wait and see - you may get a moderate hatch rate in your tap water.