PDA

View Full Version : Another question.......

Discus-n00b
09-28-2003, 09:52 PM
As many of you know, i am just getting my feet wet in discus keeping.

Question: My pH stays the same over night and w/e. So do i really need to store water for water changes?

If i don't have to store water, and have a python, can i just fill the tank back up with it or does the water need to be heated first?

Thanks everybody, this board is so awsome. Nice people that are willing to give advice to n00bs like me. :D

Carol_Roberts
09-29-2003, 12:55 AM
If your pH from the tap is always similiar to that in tank you can fill directly from the tap. I would make sure the temp is fairly close and add dechjlor product prior to adding water.

Abercrombie6202
09-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Yeah, amke sure the temperature is around the same and the water should be dechlorinated first. my ph in ym aquarium is the same as my tap, but i still have a 32 gallon garbage can in my closet for my aged water!!

Shari
10-01-2003, 02:03 AM
I fill straight from the tap of 7.6 PH using a little thermom to check the tank against the tap water...I try hard to get it exact or at most one degree over the tank as warmer is better than colder would be..dechlor and dechloramine with a Prime type product also. I don't have room for the aged water cans etc. alot of these folks have, nor the time to RO (cost an issue maybe as well) and haven't lost a fish - and do get wigglers all the time....need to start thinking about maybe some breeding....hmmmm....