PDA

View Full Version : Too many filters?, Fish?

stevestauberjr
09-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Hi all I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 two inch Discus, 6 black neon tetra's and 4 small clown loach's. For filtration I have a Tetratec PF 500 filter(Good for up to a 100 gallon tank), and a Tetratec PF 300 filter(Good for up to a 60 gallon tank) They have a combined water turnover of 800 gallons per hour. Is this too much filtration?, and also does anyone think I have room for a couple of cory cats without pushing the nitrates with daily water changes? Thanks All! :)

Carol_Roberts
09-29-2003, 12:42 AM
Hi Steve:
I'm not familiar with your filters, but probably they are fine. I bet your two little discus feel kind of lost in the 75 gallon tank. Ususally yourngster do best in groups of 6 or more.

stevestauberjr
09-29-2003, 09:43 AM
After only one day they already are amazingly less shy and are swimming around like they own the place. lol. Even though it's a 75 gallon I fear adding six would be too many for a tank that size, I want them to be happy and have plenty or room to roam without bumping into another fish. That being said If I have to I will add more to make them happy if I have too.