PDA

View Full Version : Intro Please.....

jun
09-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Hello all,

Friends know's me as Jun and I reside in San Francisco. I was directed here from a good friend of mine, Cliff Young, of Cliff's Discus. I been keeping/catching fish since I can remember. I started keeping/breeding Discus around 1987 but been out of the hobby for about 6 years now. Discus burnout. But before I left the hobby. I was importing fish from Malaysia, Shaifullah Yeng of Nura Discus. Yes, I was a fanatic.

I don't know how long this site have been around. But it's about time. It will help alot of newbie discus hobbyist.

Anyway, someday I'll get back to Discus keeping. But no more than 6 fish. LOL

More power to this forum!

JUN

Ardan
09-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Welcome! :)
Sounds like you have lots to share 8) 8)
and hope you get back into discus soon :)

Carol_Roberts
09-30-2003, 01:28 AM
Hi Jun and welcome to SimplyDiscus :wave:

It sounds like you have years of discus experience to share. What do you think of all the new color varieties?

jun
09-30-2003, 01:11 PM
I think this forum is really great. I wish there was a site like this when I got started on Discus. Hopefully I will be able to help contribute on some of the posting here.

Carol, actually the color varieties now was around before I left the hobby. I don't see much color changes in the last 6+ years. I was importing the Golden Sunrise, Tangerine, Snake Skin, etc. at the time. And everyone was crossing the Snake Skin with either the Reds, Red Turq, Red Spotted or Marlboro. My very first discus I kept was the Blue and the Turquise.

Ardan, Yes, I would like to get back to keeping Discus. If I do get back. It would be the Wild Tefe Green with lots of spot I would keep. This has been my dream discus ever since.

JUN