PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

heckelcrazy
09-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Hey everyone, Aran is my name. I have been reading this great website daily since discovering it a few weeks ago but have only just (i think) figured out how to post on it.
I am a doctor here in Auckland New Zealand. I plan on moving to Rochester NY next May to begin as an internal med resident. I am 30, M, married with 2 great kids, and have been a discusaholic now for the last 6-8 years. I has been some time now since my last discus purchase <sigh> as we prepare for the move. I hope to fuel my discus obsession again when I get there and will be specifically looking at wilds but i do have a soft spot for solid red and blue discus also. I had at one time 9 breeding pairs going and managed to pay my mortgage through medical school by selling discus here. Whilst i never want that much work again I do intend on getting a decent fish room to attempt to breed wilds and domestics in. I will hopefully be able to shoe some self control and only start with 2-3 tanks and increase to a maximum of maybe 15 tanks. Had >30 tanks going here and MAN was it a lot of work. Anyways great website everyone and its great to finally meet a group of ppl who love this great fish as much as me. ;D

Carol_Roberts
09-30-2003, 01:20 AM
Hi Aran and welcome to SimplyDiscus :wave:

We have several members in Rochester NY and surrounding areas. Let us know when you get moved in I'm sure you will want to meet Mench, Gary and the others.

heckelcrazy
09-30-2003, 03:18 PM
cheers carol...I would be definitely interested in contacting those ppl u mentioned if nothing else to talk about where the best areas of Rochester are for my family and me. I will be flying to the states from here in 7days for my final interview in Rochester..will be looking around while I am there...maybe I would be able to catch up with a couple of the guys on that trip. ::)

Carol_Roberts
09-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Here is the information for Ron Menchy
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=;action=viewprofile;user=mench

Ardan
09-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Welcome! 8)
I hope your move and stay in NY go well. SOunds like you were quite busy with school and all those discus! :)

heckelcrazy
09-30-2003, 07:40 PM
cheers ardan and thanks carol i have emailed mench....thanks alot.
aran