PDA

View Full Version : a good water pump for wet/dry filter

Mykiss
10-10-2003, 02:37 AM
I have been shopping around lately for a good quality and reasonably priced water pump for my new wet/dry filter, however there are so many different types of pumps out there. On top of that, I don't know much about pumps and different people recommend different things. So, does anyone have suggestions or past experience with water pumps.

In particular, I was looking and thinking of getting the Eugene Danner Mag-drive water pump. The amont of water it pumps is not a problem. I just want to know if it is a dependable pump i.e. long lasting and little maintenance. thanks
PT

korbi_doc
10-10-2003, 12:53 PM
:bounce2: :bounce2: I've been using a Supreme Mag-drive utility pump by Danner in my wet/dry for years. Had it with SW first, then when I changed to FW & discus decided to continue to use it on my 90g. It's quiet, has never needed maintenance & I would certainly buy it again. It's a model 7, item #02517 & is over 5 yrs old, so I'm sure newer models should be appropriate too.

Randall, Jason & some of the others can probably give you further advice (also updated) HTH, Dottie ;D

10-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Same question was asked by a friend of mine. This may help
http://forum.simplydiscus.com//index.php?board=21;action=display;threadid=13118
Jimmy.