PDA

View Full Version : color faded!!

seagul
10-11-2003, 10:52 PM
when i first introduced my discus in they were brightly colored, very nice red but within only a day in my tank they turned pale white until few weeks later and they are still like that.......why is this so and how can i recover their colors?

they are very timid too: never come out to the front and squeeze themselves in one corner with the slightest movement :-\

Abercrombie6202
10-11-2003, 11:51 PM
We need more information! What is their environment?
BB or planted?
PH?
ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Lighting?
CO2?
Filtration?
Water changes?
Are they located in a busy area?
other fish?
How many do you have?

seagul
10-12-2003, 05:54 AM
We need more information! What is their environment?
BB or planted?
PH?
ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Lighting?
CO2?
Filtration?
Water changes?
Are they located in a busy area?
other fish?
How many do you have?

they are in BB tank, i do not have any test kits so i can only say that the tank had been setted up 3weeks, with sponge filter and there are 13 other discus

mench
10-12-2003, 08:17 AM
What size tank? also what size fish compared to your other discus?Where did you get the new fish,if it was from a local breeder I would call as ask what foods were being fed and if he fed color enhanced foods,that is what it sounds like.As for being scared,if they are a lot smaller than your others,it could take more time before the larger ones accept the smaller ones.
Hope this helps a little. Keep us informed.

Mench

TUBBAZ
10-12-2003, 02:56 PM
It would most likely be the water TYPE
u should have tested youre water
im only 11 so u dont have listen to me
eny ways go and by a test kit (from youre local aquatics store) test it then go to the info on simply and find out how to adjust it. k?

Abercrombie6202
10-12-2003, 03:26 PM
It would most likely be the water TYPE
u should have tested youre water
im only 11 so u dont have listen to me
eny ways go and by a test kit (from youre local aquatics store) test it then go to the info on simply and find out how to adjust it. k?

just because you are a 11 doens't mean people don't have to listen to you. I also think you should get some tesing kits!! Tubbaz you need to stand up for the younger people on this board! we are smart too and people should lsiten to some of what we say! becuase sometimes we are right.

Carol_Roberts
10-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Your tank has been set up for 3 weeks and you have 13 other discus in it?

I wonder if the filter is fully cycled and ready for that size fish load?

Fish fade for several reasons. Poor water quality is one, stress is another . . . .

dkokes
10-12-2003, 05:01 PM
I got my discus for about 2 months now but only 3 hac nice color and the other two are doing fine but they are not so colorful. These two has nice dark stripes but not much color. Any ideas? I got snaked skin discus.

Carol_Roberts
10-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Snakeskins are very slow to color up

Jeff
10-12-2003, 08:29 PM
Adam,

No one cares about anyone’s age on this board. Its all about experience and knowledge. If you have first hand experience of something or a suggestion you should post. Age has nothing to do with it. I still take look for Tyler’s advice and he is 14 while I don’t listen to others I know don’t know what they are talking about that are over 30. :)

Abercrombie6202
10-12-2003, 09:34 PM
I KNOW THAT JEFF, LOL

that's why i was telling TUBBAZ to not sya i'm only 11 don't listen to me because age shouldn't matter! And if age does matter than that is discrimination! That's pretty mcuh what i was trying to tell him :)

seagul
10-13-2003, 11:01 PM
yar...age doesnt matter, I appreciate ur advice ;)

humpz......i think i would now cycle my tank again first, i lost 5 discus recently :'(