PDA

View Full Version : Wilds with domestics

georgeeight
10-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Hi

I've just brought 2 wilds for the first time and introduced them with my domestics. Would it be ok for them, mixed with the domestics and also will they pair off with a domestic, if and when they do??

Cheers :)

Paulio
10-13-2003, 12:08 PM
George,

Did you QT the wilds before you added them? Wilds and Domestics get along and *can* pair no problem. Wild fish do need a good QT program as they carry all kinds of nasties.

Paul

darcy
10-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Yep totally agree with Paul!! As always QT,QT,QT!!!!!!!!

I have a heckel in with domestic's and have had no problems ever. The heckel is starting to pair up with a large pigeon blood I have. Wonder what those fry will look like? ??? ??? ???
Darcy

McGilly
10-13-2003, 12:23 PM
Hi G
Wild and domestics will get along fine after establish who's in charge or who the new boss is. The only major problem you may have is if the new fish were not quarantined before adding them with your others. Wild usually bring all sorts of little nasties with them. I have a few tanks I cross wilds to domestics to strengthen their line. As long as they are clean and getting good food and stable fresh water there's no reason they wouldn't breed for you when they mature.

HTH
Jeff

georgeeight
10-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks all for the info.

They have been QT before I brought them, so fingers crossed they should be ok. However I still add a medication program when I introduce them in the tank. I have one wild heckle and one wild red diamond has anyone heard of this strain??

Thanks all for sharing... :D