PDA

View Full Version : ACA 2004

mench
10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Ok all ya discus nuts,it's not to early to start planning the 2004 ACA meeting in Denver....Also this will keep us winter bound folks busy during the snowy months.....
The ACA is in Denver...July 22-25,2004...the hotel is Denver Marriott Southeast...Phone is 303-758-7000...Rates are $75.00 per nite for ACA members,if ya aren't a ACA member it will cost ya $60 by 6/15 or $70 after 6/15 to join ACA and register for the meet...$35 for ACA menbers to register.
Soooooo if ya want to have a great time and look at some great fish...let's go to Denver....

Mench

P.S. Brew could ya pin this post for a while so the folks can read it?? Thanks

P.P.S. Oh and yea I have my room....

P.P.S.S. I forgot to ask...Who is thinking of going?????Other than Me,Gary,Jeff Cary,Brew John,Hep,Randy and Tracey???????

brewmaster15
10-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Done deal Ron.

I will be attending this years meeting as well. :)

-al

ps.. those rates look kind funky Ron ;D

wildthing
10-15-2003, 08:51 AM
drunken fights will be optional for those wishing to further bring the Discus community into disrepute.

:-\

brewmaster15
10-15-2003, 08:57 AM
DW!

You are BAD..BAD ...BAD... ROTFLMAO ;D

-al

John_Nicholson
10-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Of course I will be there.

-john

mench
10-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Brew,those are the rates taken right off the flyer I got....Great news Looking forward to seeing ya there
David,ole son,why don't ya plan on coming out to Denver and add a touch of Ole English class to the group...God knows we could sure use some LOL

Mench

P.S. Brew the $75 is for the room
$60 is to register for the ACA meet if you aren't already an ACA member
$35 is to register if ya already belong to the ACA
Hope this clears things up
and ya can go the the ACA2004 website...www.aca2004.com

brewmaster15
10-15-2003, 09:19 AM
I know Ron, I was teasing you.

;D

-al

edgeguy
10-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I live in the Denver area and am wondering if there are any parts of the ACA free to the public? Also, is the area where they sell discus open to the public or do you have to be a member to get in there? Thanks

Jeff
10-15-2003, 11:02 AM
You are right Mench. It’s not too early to start thinking about it. This year needs to be bigger and better than last year. Lets start looking at the calendar now and taking vacation days and planning that trip. I'm already booked and am now working with other folks to get them there. ;D

jeep
10-15-2003, 11:11 AM
I plan on being there!

Can't wait to meet everyone fish to fish ;)

Brian

Discus_KC
10-15-2003, 12:13 PM
I'm there !!!!!!!!!!

Jack

Rick_May
10-15-2003, 02:04 PM
I'll be there also! just a 5 hour drive for me ;D

fishfarm
10-15-2003, 04:21 PM
I will always be there. I am working with the Denver crew on getting the discus classes expanded and have a donation from DiscusHans to cover the cost so we need EVERYONE to enter fish in the show.
The fish show, vendor room, and fish sales room are free and open to the public. The registration fee covers all the speakers, hospitallity suite and if you wish to enter fish in the show you have to be registered. Of course we prefer everyone register for the whole event, but we understand some may just be curious and want to see what going on. Also many folks sell fish out of their rooms. Be there or miss it again!

TheDiscusKid
10-15-2003, 05:20 PM
I'll be there :)

10-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Yeah Mench, you know we will be there.....Going to try and give you a run for your money this year on the shirts :D :D

We plan on going eary and spend a few days exploring the Rockies....anyone else going early, maybe we can get together and play tourist........

www.ACA2004.com

Randy and Tracey

mench
10-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a fun trip Randy...don't know bout the shirts next yr...may be time to do something else...we will see....How are those spider snakes doing???

Mench

10-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Tracey said to go naked next year ;D ;D ;D

Randy 8)

10-15-2003, 06:41 PM
OPPS...By the way all of the fish are doing GREAT..
I need to find some time and post some pics.....

Randy 8)

ChloroPhil
10-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Hey, if you can get me comped in I'll be happy to speak on planted tanks for cichlids.........

Abercrombie6202
10-15-2003, 07:16 PM
I might be able to go asked my mom a couple times about 2 or 3 weeks ago she never said "No"!! The reason why is because we have some family members down there. It might just be kind of hard becuase i need an adult and if my mom goes, the whole immediate family goes, which is 4 people!
LOL
BTW, how much is this probably going to cost total?

Steve_Warner
10-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Hi all,
I will hopefully be there, since it is only an 8 hour drive OR SO-----in the vette ;) ------ to Denver from here.

Steve

RandalB
10-16-2003, 12:56 AM
I'm seriously considering it.. Had too much fun in Green Bay.
It's only a 12.5 hour drive..

RandalB

Jeff
10-16-2003, 01:00 AM
That would be great Randal. Feel like a having a workshop on RO's? :)

mench
10-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Steve,that would be great if ya can make it.
How is Marci doing??? Ok I hope...when is the big day???

Ron

nazangels
10-17-2003, 04:06 PM
I'll be there! Wow!! Only an hour away! I'm so glad to see something like this going on in the West! Seems like most events are in the east, far, far away. Just ordered some new discus from Mike Heppner a few minutes ago, so I'm super excited about discus right now! See you in Denver next year! Beth

CARY_GLdiscus
10-18-2003, 05:03 PM
I'll be there with a few from this post! We have some BIG plans ;)

Takecare
Cary Gld!

RandalB
10-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Jeff,
I'm always up for a good talk on RO stuff. Officially for the ACA or unofficially in the hotel Bar or someone's room. I also tend to build RO units, install booster pumps and give stuff away after I've had a few...

RandalB

mench
10-18-2003, 06:51 PM
OK Cary,whats going on????????????????? Or are ya going to tease us for the next 9 months??????????????

Mench,wanting to know ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

CARY_GLdiscus
10-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Sorry My Friend,
At the time I cannot say! all You need to know is its going to be BIG!!! WITH CLEAN FUN And Alot of HEALTY HIGH QUALITY Discus with breeders from here and maybe Asia. Hee.Hee.Hee
Sound Good so Far? ;)

Randel,
Am buying the first round! :P

April
10-18-2003, 08:42 PM
ok....sounds like you all are going to need Carys mom there....to help with all the great stuff going on. and .theres some special people i need to meet. people who are very good friends!! so i am gonna plan for it starting now!!
id love to see denver also.
I know i said i was gonna go last year..but i had too much on with my kid starting uni etc. this year...im planning starting now.
i need to meet that there asian.... 8) ;D :P

SSTurner
10-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Maybe a bigger sign ;D

fcdiscus
10-18-2003, 09:29 PM
I hope to be in Wisconsin by then, so how bout I drive to Chicago and split some gas money with you Randal? Frank ;)

mench
10-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Well Cary ya answered my question.....9 months of being teased.......Keep talking Prillie,,ya better be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mench

10-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey everyone 2004 looks to be a great time and is shapeing up to be the best yet but is just a warm up for what will take place in 2005.... ;D ;D ;D ;D.....Everyone needs to plan on being in Denver to enjoy the party, and make sure you bring a few discus to show while your at it.....but just wait :o :o :o....Start saving those pennies as soon as you get back from Denver boys and girls because you will want them for the following year......Enough said for now HEE HEE HEE

Randy 8)

Jeff
10-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Yes, this show shall be grand. ;)

Discus_KC
10-18-2003, 11:42 PM
They even sign shirts !!!!!

http://images.snapfish.com/3389732323232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3A49%3D858%3DX ROQDF%3E2323458566295ot1lsi

CARY_GLdiscus
10-19-2003, 12:41 AM
It would be good to see You again Mom! :'(

RandalB
10-20-2003, 02:00 AM
I can fit a couple of people who don't mind speeding into the truck...

RandalB

korbi_doc
10-20-2003, 05:25 PM
:o :o WOW!! I'd really like to be there, sounds like fun!!!
Dottie ;D ;D

fcdiscus
10-20-2003, 09:09 PM
Speeding with a cop would be fun! LOL, Frank ;)

Jeff
10-20-2003, 09:11 PM
Hehe

Discus_Hans
10-21-2003, 06:21 PM
drunken fights will be optional for those wishing to further bring the Discus community into disrepute.

:-\

Sad & childish how somebody who even wasn't there and only can talk of "hear say" tries (after an ACA of 4 days of big fun) some shouting in a fight :'( :'( talking about "bringing the Discus community into disrepute" Hans.

yippy
10-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Im definitely planning ahead - if i can get someone other than April to share a room with ill be there. A little bird tells me shes a bad snorer. :-X And with all that partying Ill need a good nights sleep.

Kerry ;)

April
10-21-2003, 06:53 PM
UH thanks Kerry......i dont snore. only men snore. you know that to be true!!
i cant wait....to meet my aussie bud and my son Cary....
and all the other cool people who will be there.
:thumbsup:
ok wanted. one non-snoring roomie. or bunky. lol.

yippy
10-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Well Pril, i can sleep anywhere really. Just have a look in aussie at my "slug" impression" - all i need is a piece of carpet to rest my weary bones.

Kerry :)

Discus_Hans
10-21-2003, 07:03 PM
okay okay I will be your roomie :) :) :) and don't worry I don't snore. Durring the ACA I was known as the man that never sleeps :) :) :) so no snoring :) Hans.

April
10-21-2003, 07:11 PM
LOL Hans. gee....thanks. think ive had that offer already.
how can i prove no snoring. lol.
Kerry.....if you can prove you dont snore....i will still let you be my bunkie. lol. and no sleep walking and no talking in sleep either.

nowings
10-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Im going to try to come too!!!!

nancy

10-21-2003, 08:03 PM

Sad & childish how somebody who even wasn't there and only can talk of "hear say" tries (after an ACA of 4 days of big fun) some shouting in a fight talking about "bringing the Discus community into disrepute" Hans.

Now Hans be nice :D :D :D

You know there are two types of people in the world....The people that make the history and the people that read about it!!!!

Randy 8)

brewmaster15
10-22-2003, 06:30 AM
HI Randy,
I've always felt there were 3 types....
those that make it, those that read about it, and those that learn from it. :)

Obviously I wasn't there either. Hans, but If there was drunken fights at the last ACA, I think we all would agree with Dave Webber that it would not be a good image for the hobby. Something like that could surely put the event in a negative light. Not to mention it would probably not be well appreciated by the people that organized the event, or others that took time off from work to attend the event,

Maybe this event did take place and you were not there?Maybe Dave Webber heard about it from the Aca organizers or someone there at the fight? Who Knows.. too many maybes I guess to get the unbiased honest answer. If it did happen, I am sure that the person or persons responsible realize that it was a mistake to carry on like that in public, and will not do so again...... Who Knows maybe someday they will make a public apology for it , if it happened. If it didn't happen, It doesn't really matter any more.

These things can happen when you get a group of people together , so I would ask no further discussion on this hypothetical fight by the parties discussing it here. Hopefully the next ACA will not have anything but a positive spin attached to it. I am really looking forward to attending on behalf of SimplyDiscus.

Lets make it an event to remember.!!! I plan on doing my part, and will be filling you all in on it shortly.

Thanks,
al

10-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Maybe this event did take place and you were not there?Maybe Dave Webber heard about it from the Aca organizers or someone there at the fight? Who Knows.. too many maybes I guess to get the unbiased honest answer. If it did happen, I am sure that the person or persons responsible realize that it was a mistake to carry on like that in public, and will not do so again...... Who Knows maybe someday they will make a public apology for it , if it happened. If it didn't happen, It doesn't really matter any more.

Al, there maybe bait on the hook but I'm not biting!!!!

Dave is just fishing wanting to stir up some answers or more like some negitive responses, and I am surprised you let it happen......Dave wasent there so it is not any of his business what did or didnt happen.....
Why would you expect an public apology and why would one be needed.......The public wasent there.....The ones that were there know all about what did and did not happen and have forgot about it long ago...but some people just cant let it rest.......
This post was started to encourage people to attend the ACA in Denver next year not to talk about last years ACA, if people want to read about it there is plenty of post about it on the various boards...

Randy 8)

John_Nicholson
10-22-2003, 03:42 PM
Well said Randy!!!!!!!!!!

You da man.

-john

DenverDan
10-22-2003, 04:01 PM
DenverDan will be there, 20 min from the house. Let's see how many Discus can I get in each bag, for a 20min trip? Ah who cares about math, just bring discus.

I have a business in Denver, if anybody needs to send in anything before the show.

Dan

mench
10-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey Dan can we put you down on our list as a place to stop for a visit?????????

Mench

brewmaster15
10-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Randy,

There ain't bait on the Hook, I already filled my creel.

My Comments were deliberately open ended , giving the benefit of doubt to both parties involved in this discussion. I allowed Dave Webber's comments because he did not mention any names, just his views on behavior that he felt was inappropriate. If it was intended to hit a raw nerve in some there... that is not for me comment on, allow or disallow.

You should be more surprised I allowed yours and Discus hans responses to Dave Webber , When he had not addressed them to you..I would appreciate you take your personal issues up with Dave Webber off the board if you feel the need. It will not be allowed further here.

I do not expect anything Randy, as I was not there. I merely speculated that if a drunken fight occurred an apology might be appropriate. I would feel that way if anybody was involved in a matter such as this. I feel That when at a function like this the actions of those attending reflect on the hobby as a whole. Where it happened doesn't matter to me. I am sorry if you read into that more deeply than it was meant, or if you disagree. I am entittled to my opinion on appropriate behavior, as are you.

As I understand the issue being debated here... It concerned neither You or Hans, And yet you felt obligated to comment on the issue as well. Perhaps if you all would stick to your own businesses, the issue would not have been discussed here as it has been.

I specifically asked for no further comment on the "alleged Fight" , if further discussion takes place I will lock the post. You can take it up with me privately.

Thank you ,
Al

John_Nicholson
10-22-2003, 05:43 PM
deleted by brewmaster15.

CARY_GLdiscus
10-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Fight!

There was no fight just a little old WORM WRESTLE!
Now lets get back on track here. Whos bringing the booze
this time? LOL! 8)

CARY_GLdiscus
10-22-2003, 08:46 PM
;)

CARY_GLdiscus
10-22-2003, 08:49 PM
;)