PDA

View Full Version : Discus vs Angels

nfinit1
10-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Hello All
Ok...I have been out of the hobby for 7 years and alot has changed.
I have two tanks left over from my old days an Ocea 150 gal and an oceanic 75gal.
I would like the 75 gal to have plants along with angels or discus

My question is ..IS the rule still angels or discus alone but never together???

Uhh the 150 is going to be a tanganyikan cichlid tank

Thanks
Nfinit1

ronrca
10-16-2003, 05:31 PM
IS the rule still angels or discus alone but never together Well, depends on what schooling/background you have! It is done therefore I would not necessary call it a rule anymore. Maybe more of a precaution perhaps. I remember reading that discus can not be in a planted tank either never mind a community tank. It is done but there are precautions that must be kept in mind when pursueing it.

Btw, forget the tanganyikan cichlid tank! All discus instead! LOL! ;)

nfinit1
10-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Ronrca
I have kept a discus tank before but that was back in 1991. Had 6 discus in the 75 gal with school of neons, Serpa tetras, and rams, with Amazon Swords and little Val. It worked fine for a long time

I have kept community tanks, Marine tanks, South American Cichlids,

I am getting back into the hobby..I really enjoy discus, especially the tangerines.

Debbie
10-17-2003, 01:38 PM
Welcome back into the hobby. I have kept discus and angels successfully for a long time. I have never come across the virus or whatever infection angles were supposed to carry that affected discus and not angels.
What are you putting in your 150 Tanganyikan tank? I also have Tanganyikans.

10-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Oh-Oh.... :o here we go again...where's Jeffrey Richard?? ;D (just kidding Jeff)
david ;)

nfinit1
10-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Debbie
I havent decided yet...Frontosas, Bricardi, and julios...I would love to keep trophs, but everyone says they are not good fits

TUBBAZ
10-18-2003, 04:56 PM
look discus and angels (lets just say fish) are a little bit like humans they have an ability wether to like or hate, be evil be good so it's like the subject of discus bulliying the smaller little runts so you may have good angels or you may have bad angels ( same with discus)
you can try to put them together or you can not be risky and keep them alone its youre choice
from tubbaz
p.s. please feel free to quote me :-\