PDA

View Full Version : New fishroom/wc system

Ardan
11-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Well I finally arranged a small room for fish tanks. Most of the tanks have been in storage since we moved here 6 years ago (3 others got broke in the move) I spent the last 3 wks in my spare time, running plumbing, painting, shotblasting the metal aquarium stands and repainting them, cleaning tanks and getting it set up.
The plumbing was a problem as all walls are enclosed in this house and my wc barrel is across the family room. That is also where the only floor drain is.
So, I fished a pipe through the ceiling and then branched out to all the tanks individually. This starts in the water barrel with a submersible sump pump and ends at each tank for filling.
For draining, I either had to chop up the concrete floor to hook into the sewer , or run uphill to the sewer main. I chose to run uphill ;D I am using a campbell Hausfeld 1/2 hp self priming pump. It will pump 1450 gallons per hour. I hook this to individual pipes to each tank. this is then hooked to flexible hose and then to a long pipe with a valve so I can clean the bottom of the tank as I drain.
I can do a 50% wc on a 40 gallon tank in less than 5 minutes. (including sucking up the waste)It drains 50% in 90 seconds and fills almost as fast.

No hoses to drag anymore.
Pics to follow.

As to more discus, well Christmas and Birthday is coming ;D

Ardan
11-02-2003, 08:30 PM
More pics

Ardan
11-02-2003, 08:31 PM
the drain pump

Ardan
11-02-2003, 08:33 PM
The extended reach suction tube ;D
It can reach all corners of the tank. Each tank has its own individually plumbed

Ardan
11-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Oh, the weight lifting machine,... well I now watch the boys use it... they play football ;D 8)

jim_shedden
11-02-2003, 10:33 PM
looking good ardan

jim

Jean
11-03-2003, 01:10 AM
;D I like the weight equipment idea in with the fish~ watch em, pound em with food, and pump u up at the same time!!!!

Jean ;D