PDA

View Full Version : thank you for your help

boydiscus
11-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Well people, I have a 3ft tank 18" x 18" and currently I have like 4 2.5" discus, and most of them seem to be stunted and I want to add another 3 - 4 discus around 6cm, would they stunt the new ones to? do i need to take out the stunted ones? What should I do as I have no money for a new tank? thank you

Carol_Roberts
11-18-2003, 12:16 PM
You can't add a few new little discus to the existing stunted discus. You need to quarantine any new fish. Why don't you sell the stunted ones back to the fish store and buy new discus from a reputable breeder?

April
11-18-2003, 09:33 PM
yes or trade for supplies you will need.
they may be more willing to do that.
where do you live? go check out the aussie post and see who is there that lives near you and knows a breeder in your area.

Mykiss
11-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Hi Boydiscus, Carol has a point. You should uarantine your new fish due to passing of possible disease. However, if you really trust the source of your fish, then maybe you can add them, but I am not sure about that. I always quarentine my new fish for about 2 week and then add one of my old ones and see what happens. I know it is hard to part with your original fish but April has got a point as well. If you want to keep beautiful fish, why don't you trade in your stunted ones for more equipment, or at least fewer but nicer (non-stunted) fish. That way you get non-stuted fish, and have more space for them to grow in. I know it is hard to decide, good luck!
pt