PDA

View Full Version : Board Changes as of 11/26/2003

Ryan
11-26-2003, 05:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Tonight I updated the forum software we are using for SimplyDiscus.com. The update includes some enhanced features and also stronger security. You will probably notice a few differences as you browse the board.

You will have to re-login to the board now that these changes have been put into affect. You may also have to clear your Internet history/cache and your cookies in order to login properly.

The Member Map feature is now installed here. This replaced the Country Flags feature that we were using with the older software. If you click on Profile at the top of the forum, you will see an "Edit Member Map" link. Click this and it will allow you to fill out your location (Country/Region) and place a pin on the map to show your whereabouts. Then it will display your country flag under your name and in your profile.

If you notice any problems with the board or if you have any questions, please direct them to me via IM or email. I will try to resolve any issues you may come across. Thank you for your patience. We hope this update will enable things to run smoothly and make your web browsing more enjoyable and convenient!

Ryan

GulfCoastDiscus
11-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Got my pin up.

dan 8)

ronrca
11-26-2003, 11:18 AM
My pin is on the map!

Dont forget to place your pin please! ;D

Jeff
11-26-2003, 11:55 AM
Great. Thank you Ryan. :)

Carol_Roberts
11-26-2003, 12:24 PM
Your pin won't show up on the big map right away. You have to go back to the main board and then go back to the map to see your pin. Place your cursor over the pins on the map to see which member they correspond to.

11-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Hi Ryan & The Entire SimplyDiscus Members:

I like the pin feature. Very cool. I just placed mine on the map.

Have a happy and warm Thanksgiving.

Regards,
**Angie**

Ryan
11-27-2003, 12:07 AM
By the way, for those who are wondering...

Blue pins on the map mean that the poster is male, red pins mean they are a female member. Green pins are for members who do not specify a gender in their profile. And if you click a members' name at the bottom of the member map, their pin will turn white so that you can find them ;D

Ryan

April
11-27-2003, 12:16 AM
ok ryan but april and kerry tried to pin ours.and it wouldnt work!!
for either of us!!
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
what are we doing wrong?

Carol_Roberts
11-27-2003, 12:26 AM
did you click at the top of the canada map where it says place my pin?

yippy
11-27-2003, 01:40 AM
Yep, ive done all that - still wont work. any terry is palce right out in the middle of the pacific and hes in sydney lol

Kerry :D

April
11-27-2003, 01:46 AM
i did place my pin and did all the options then save pin. nothing
tried a few times.
no pin for april!!

Ryan
11-27-2003, 01:51 AM
For those having trouble... you have to actually click on the map to place your pin. Just find where your city is near, click that area on the map, and a pin will appear where you clicked. I see Terry is out in the Pacific somewhere... LOL...

Ryan

daninthesand
11-27-2003, 01:53 AM
i got mine on! neat!

April
11-27-2003, 02:09 AM
ok kerry and i have it worked out now!! imagine.we thought the map found our pin for us when we told it our info!! lol.cept my pin is under glenns!! glenn shoulda had his about 30 miles outa vancouver!!! move over glenn!!!

Murphy
11-27-2003, 02:47 AM
Woo! hoo! I'm on the map.....got my pin! ;D

yippy
11-27-2003, 06:25 AM
Well thanks to Ryan for helping me pin - im pinned now.

Poor Terry - cant even send him a pm way out there in the Pacific - lol.

Pick
11-27-2003, 09:16 AM
Cool Ryan! Gets my vote for best board enhancement of the year. Nice to see where all we discus pinheads live!

TC

Jeff
11-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Hey frank when you move you have to take your pin with you. ;D

samcatj
11-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Many thanks Ryan for all that you do for this site. I know I speak for many members when I say how much I appreciate all that you do to keep this site working in a first class manner.

samcatj

Per
11-27-2003, 05:34 PM
I feel very lonely in Europe :'(

C'mon fellow Europeans ... :whip:

Per

ronrca
11-27-2003, 05:36 PM
LOL! I know that Hans is around here somewhere! ;) Now you dont have to feel soooo alone! :D

Btw-My sister's boyfriend lives in Germany! ;D

Per
11-27-2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks, ronrca! Now a feel a little better :D (But I still want to see more pinheads in Europe!!!)

Speaking of Germany - Where are all the German discus freaks ??? Do they have their own version of Simply Discus in German (Einfach Diskus ;))?. Why don't they want to come and play with us ... :-\

Per

11-29-2003, 05:59 AM
It looks like I was dropped from the pin-map, Ryan. I've entered my location but I am not found on the map. Can you find out if Kings is not a known city in NY? Perhaps Brooklyn is more better.

Terry, it's better to be located in the Pacific than to be placed nowhere. ;D LOL

**Angie**

Carol_Roberts
11-29-2003, 01:39 PM
Hi Angie:
You have to click on your location on the map itself - it does not enter it for you automatically on the map.

yippy
11-29-2003, 03:28 PM
LOl Carol,

Me and April were not pinning either. We just thought it would automatially appear when we entered the country and town we live in.

Angie, do what carol said, click with your mouse as near as you think you are on the map.

I dont know why Terry put himself way out in the Pacific Ocean - lol - i thought it may have been a problem with the program.

yippy
11-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Well Aussie Terry has pinned himself out in the middle of the Pacific and now Galina has pinned herself in the wrong state - lol

They both live in Sydney, they mustnt like it much there - lol

Kerry